Author Topic: DM10 Studio for 9 YO  (Read 3112 times)

DM10 Studio for 9 YO
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »
Hey there,
I just bought a DM10 Studio Pro kit for my 9 YO son who is showing major skills on RockBand.  I love the kit, but am not a drummer and am unsure of the hight placement and spacing of the set up.  I think I have it set pretty good, but will have many specific questions in the future.

I'm not a newbie to makiing music as I am a keyboard player from the 80's. I still play and am helping my son get into the groove.  We are off to a great start and will be viewing and posting here often.

James Plunkett

Offline Guinness

Re: DM10 Studio for 9 YO
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
welcome to the forum!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum Run4two. What ever question you have just ask away. We will do our best to answer them.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
Welcome to you and your son!
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Pier

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
Very nice to have you here. Ask freely whatever you wish!

What kind of music did you played in the '80s?
I'm asking because I play drums in a cover band and we play mainly international hits from the '80s (Van Halen, Men at Work, Toto, Nick Kershaw, etc... -- I'm Italy based)  :)

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.  Pier, my band was a synth pop band who had a go with original songs.  We took second to a band called Bad Radio at a battle of the bands at San Diego State University.  Their lead singer was Eddie Vedder!  We did play some covers though - Madonna, The Cars, The Fixx, Berlin, Billie Idol, Human League.

I feel like my son and I are getting in this forum with his new kit at an excellent time.  It reminds me of 1999 when I bought my Korg Triton Pro-X keyboard and joined a great forum.  I can sense that this place is going to take off big.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.  Pier, my band was a synth pop band who had a go with original songs.  We took second to a band called Bad Radio at a battle of the bands at San Diego State University.  Their lead singer was Eddie Vedder!  We did play some covers though - Madonna, The Cars, The Fixx, Berlin, Billie Idol, Human League.

I feel like my son and I are getting in this forum with his new kit at an excellent time.  It reminds me of 1999 when I bought my Korg Triton Pro-X keyboard and joined a great forum.  I can sense that this place is going to take off big.

Welcome. I think you're right.. this place is gonna blow up big time.. ;)
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
I hope Alesis gets quite active with this forum as Jerry Kovarsky (JerryThek) - keyboard and recording product manager - did with the Korg Triton forum and Irishacts forum in the early 2000's.

Alesis has the best value kit BY FAR on the market and they need to put the pedal to the metal.  Internet interaction is no longer a may do, it's a must do.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:19 AM »
I hope Alesis gets quite active with this forum as Jerry Kovarsky (JerryThek) - keyboard and recording product manager - did with the Korg Triton forum and Irishacts forum in the early 2000's.

Alesis has the best value kit BY FAR on the market and they need to put the pedal to the metal.  Internet interaction is no longer a may do, it's a must do.
Alesis is quite active on this forum. As a matter of fact there are two members here that work for Alesis. You can see them in the members list.