Author Topic: Strike Module Sound Issue  (Read 1080 times)

Strike Module Sound Issue
« on: October 15, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
As stated in another post I am new to both this forum and the strike pro kit. I have come accross a issue that is rather annoying. The issue is this. When the unit is turned on after being off for a few hours There is no output from it at all until I operate the sliders and it doesnt make any difference which position the sliders were left in. Has anyone else come accross this or is it just my unit thats got the bug?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Iggford

Re: Strike Module Sound Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
I had a similar issue with my first module.  Most of the time, the sliders would do the trick, but sometimes, it would just take about 5 minutes for the sound to start coming through.  Then it got to be about 10 minutes.  Couldn't deal with that in a gig setting!

I had my module replaced under warranty.  It was pretty soon after getting the kit.  My replacement has been going strong for about a year and a half so far!

Alesis customer service was always very good to deal with for me.

--
Shawn

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
Which version Trigger and OS?....current version is 1.4
I have read where this happened when an update or OS didn't install properly and also faulty modules , but those modules were some of the earlier ones produced.
You could reinstall Trigger and OS and see if it makes any difference,if not I would then check with Alesis since it sounds like you are still under warranty..
https://getsatisfaction.com/alesis/topics/strike-pro-post-update-problem#

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
Thanks for that but the warranty will most likely have expired as it was a used kit I bought. Immaculate in condition, not a mark anywhere it looked like it had never been touched. It came with v1.4 installed and Ive reintalled it but the problem is still there but I have noticed that is a intermittent fault now. Ive just turned it on after 4 hours off and its working fine at the mo. I have contacted Alesis Technical Support so it will be interesting to hear what they say about it. Once again thanks for the reply.