Author Topic: Alesis Strike and cymbals  (Read 1299 times)

Offline stylazyn

Alesis Strike and cymbals
« on: November 22, 2021, 11:55:36 AM »
Hello all,

I have a Alesis Surge kit and upgraded to the Strike module. All the Surge equipment works fine, but I wanted to upgrade to some better quality cymbals. So I got a new 16" Lemon Ride cymbal.

Love the cymbal feel but he weird thing is that it acts like the triggers are swapped. The bell crashes, and the rim is the bell. I swapped cables to see if that changed but then the cymbal didn't work at all, so I swapped them back.

Anyway, I know someone with a DM10 kit and I bought the ride, crash and HH from him as he got some fancy metal cymbals. The ride works fine but the crash and HH don't work at all. Swapped in the Surge brain and they do work.

I am looking for any reasonable answers. Much appreciation!

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Strike and cymbals
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
Hello all,

I have a Alesis Surge kit and upgraded to the Strike module. All the Surge equipment works fine, but I wanted to upgrade to some better quality cymbals. So I got a new 16" Lemon Ride cymbal.

Love the cymbal feel but he weird thing is that it acts like the triggers are swapped. The bell crashes, and the rim is the bell. I swapped cables to see if that changed but then the cymbal didn't work at all, so I swapped them back.

Anyway, I know someone with a DM10 kit and I bought the ride, crash and HH from him as he got some fancy metal cymbals. The ride works fine but the crash and HH don't work at all. Swapped in the Surge brain and they do work.

The wiring varies for Lemon Cymbals...sometimes the Ride is wired as a Crash etc
Check this article from digitalDrummer..It's No Lemon  there are some ways to check/fix.

As for the DMPads...they are compatible..make sure you are using TRS cables.
Triggers will not work with the STRIKE Module if using a TS cable even if they are single zone...the rings on the input jacks were wired in to complete the circuits.

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »
Hello all,

The wiring varies for Lemon Cymbals...sometimes the Ride is wired as a Crash etc
Check this article from digitalDrummer..It's No Lemon  there are some ways to check/fix.

Triggers will not work with the STRIKE Module if using a TS cable even if they are single zone...the rings on the input jacks were wired in to complete the circuits.

Great information. Thank you very much!

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 09:17:42 AM »
Hello all,

I also found this handy video just now for the Lemon fix:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAe4m7QKOoI

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 11:10:30 AM »
Hello all,

I also found this handy video just now for the Lemon fix:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAe4m7QKOoI

Thanks for posting the video...a visual aid always helps those who are inexperienced/ leery of opening up E-Cymbals..
I don't have any of the Lemon cymbals..I see an extra pad for a 35mm Piezo...wonder what would happen if you added an additional Piezo and plugged into the extra port...

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »
Hello all,

I am using the Srtike cables with the DM10 cymbals so I don't think that is the problem.
BTW...the Lemon cymbal works like a champ now.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »
I am using the Srtike cables with the DM10 cymbals so I don't think that is the problem.

That's odd they aren't working.The DMPad 12" HH is single zone and you probably have the DMPad 14" for the crash.
There are members here that still use a DM10 Kit to play out live and use a STRIKE module.I had some DMPads years ago but sold them , but they worked fine as does every other Alesis Cymbal I tried except for the Surge Cymbals..they had issues..
If all else fails you could try a Factory Reset and see if it helps.

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »
Hello. I am doing  similar. I have purchased a strike module for my Crimson 2 SE kit. Curious how the ride is handled trigger wise being that the strike has two ride triggers and the ride itself on my kit is a triple zone with one trigger cable. What ride are you using? How many of the cymbals have you upgraded and how is the over all experience been w strike module?

Jb

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 12:31:44 PM »
I am now exclusive with Lemon cymbals, except for a small Surge cymbal I use as a splash. So far, the Lemon cymbals have been amazing.