Author Topic: Factory Reset and Custom User kits question  (Read 692 times)

Factory Reset and Custom User kits question
« on: May 04, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »
Hi, I use the Melodics App and every now and again I have to do a Factory Reset to get the triggers to show up on screen.
Every time I do a factory reset I lose all of my own personal settings applied to my own custom kit.
I always save the settings wehn I make adjustments and I always save the kit.
I even removed the SD card one time before doing the factory reset and still all my settings on my custom kit were lost.
I must be doing something wrong, can anyone help me out with this please.
Many thanks
Carole

Offline Chaser

Re: Factory Reset and Custom User kits question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 08:17:12 PM »
Hi, I use the Melodics App and every now and again I have to do a Factory Reset to get the triggers to show up on screen.
Every time I do a factory reset I lose all of my own personal settings applied to my own custom kit.
I always save the settings wehn I make adjustments and I always save the kit.
I even removed the SD card one time before doing the factory reset and still all my settings on my custom kit were lost.
I must be doing something wrong, can anyone help me out with this please.
Many thanks
Carole

Are you talking about the edits/settings for a kit(VOICE or KIT FX)..or the Trigger settings?(TRIGGERS)
The edited Preset Kits are saved as User Kits ...you should still see all those edits.
The default user kit on the SD Card was actually for Toontrack...supposedly..

The Trigger settings are Global and retained in the module’s Internal memory...they are not saved with any kit.
Every time you reset the module...you default the Triggers back to Factory Settings...
You have to save them as a SYSEX file then you can reload them at anytime using a MIDI Utility like MIDIOX (WIN) or MIDI MONITOR (macOS)
A MIDI Utility is a good thing to have.It can help trouble shoot MIDI.

V1.5 USER GUIDE PG 29

Under UTILITY>SYSEX

SysEx To send all trigger settings from the module as a SysEx file (over the USB port and MIDI Out), press Enter.
To send a SysEx file to the module (over the USB port and MIDI In), send it any time from your computer or external MIDI device.

Re: Factory Reset and Custom User kits question
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 10:14:54 AM »
Hi Chaser, thanks for your reply, it's really helpful as it is the trigger settings that I keep losing so your reply makes great sense.
Thanks for the advice on how to work around this too, I will take up your suggestion and hopefully my problem will be solve.
Your help is much appreciated :-)