Author Topic: Strike Performance Module Now Available Stand-alone  (Read 1873 times)

Strike Performance Module Now Available Stand-alone
« on: February 04, 2020, 01:24:56 PM »
I've had my eye on Reverb and eBay for one lately.
This is pretty awesome. Comes with the 12-connection cable snake. Not sure if it comes with the mounting plate.
Edit: Does come with the mounting plate.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StrikeMod--alesis-strike-drum-module
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:19:24 AM by tmk21315 »
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Re: Strike Performance Module Now Available Stand-alone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I bought one
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Offline Iggford

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »
Congrats!!  You'll love it!  I plan to build a conversion kit, and my Strike module will be going over.  I'm actually thinking of buying a second one for a backup.

--
Shawn

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »
Congrats!!  You'll love it!  I plan to build a conversion kit, and my Strike module will be going over.  I'm actually thinking of buying a second one for a backup.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Like I have to do everything all at once. I got it set up and just jammed out for a bit, checking out the different kits. I LOOOOVE "Mr. Tight Snare". And about 30 minutes completely disappeared while I screwed around using the "Auto EDM" kit.

But then right on day 2 I felt like I had to immediately start loading samples and making kits from the many EZXes that I have or else I won't be utilizing the module to its full capability. I just have to take a step back and play I think. I'll get to the sample loading soon enough.

Something I had to address very quickly though was the ride cymbal because I have still been utilizing my Crimson cymbals on my A2E, of which the ride has 1 input so I haven't had a bell for the last week. I decided to buy a complete, used Strike Pro cymbal set off of Reverb that I was keeping my eye on. I had quite a bit of money in Reverb bucks from selling off my Crimson pads. I'll keep my Crimson DM cymbals. With this added I'll have enough cymbals to trigger ride, 2 x crash, china, splash ... with 3 cymbal pads leftover. Looks like I might be splitting inputs very soon!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:44:06 AM by tmk21315 »

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 11:31:52 AM »
I just bought a Strike Drum Module from Sweetwater this morning.  It arrives tomorrow.  I have a new Command Mesh set, which I am enjoying, but when I saw the Strike module at that price, I thought it over and decided to pull the trigger (pun intended!).  My research regarding the Command's hi hat indicate it will work on the Strike (that was my main concern).  I bought the Alesis DMPAD 14" cymbal when I bought the Command Mesh so I'm looking forward to the dual zone working.  I'll get a 3 zone ride down the road when the dust settles (any suggestions where to aquire one cheaply would be appreciated - Reverb?).  Hopefully, everything will transition smoothly to the Strike and I can spend hours exploring all the built in kits and everything else it offers during this pandemic lockdown free time.  Can't wait until tomorrow when it arrives!

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 05:18:26 PM »
Wow how close do you live that you got 1-day shipping during this time?

I'm really loving the module so far. I would definitely recommend keeping an eye out on Reverb for that ride cymbal, they seem to come up with a decent frequency.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 08:27:17 PM »
I got it at Sweetwater.  They're under 3 hours away from me.  I've ordered as late as 4PM and received it the next day. 

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 11:10:17 PM »
It arrived today. Didn’t get much done around the house this afternoon and evening.   :)

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
So this is plug and play with the old DM10 kit?

Offline Iggford

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 10:21:37 AM »
Basically, yes.  I have an older DM10 Studio Mesh kit that I use for practice with my band.  I transport my Strike module between home and the practice room (where my DM10 is) so I don't have to move the entire kit. 

There MAY be some tweaks that are needed, but they would just be minor ones, based on my experience.  The DM10's hi-hat pedal controller, for me, even works a bit better than the one that came with the Strike kit, so that's a plus, too. 

I've been able to make it to where I can unhook at home, carry just my module to practice, hook up and play and then hook back up at home, all without altering anything that would negatively affect my Strike kit as a whole when I use it for gigs.

--
Shawn

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 06:17:06 PM »
stratocaster: it was/is plug and play on my Command Mesh.  The hi hat works well with no additional adjustment.