Author Topic: My Foldback  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Dobly

My Foldback
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
The preparation for the band my brother and I are putting together is gathering momentum.

We have a gig booked for January next year. Australia day no less. What great gig that will be for our Aussie 80s band.

I will be playing with a clicktrack to keep me in time with the backing tracks we will be running. The backing have some piano parts, percussion that I can't do due to lack of limbs and few other special sounds that have been sampled.

On stage I will need foldback for my DM10 and a bit of the backing tracks so everyone on stage we can all hear them.  My vocals will be in there too, but just 'loud enough' for me.

This is my foldback.

I just got the sub today and it will be a week or two before I can hook it up.

The top is a Behringer B115D 1000W powered speaker. I have had the drums through this one a few times and it is ample for just the drums. But lacking that bottom end.

The new sub is the Behringer VQ1500D 500W powered sub woofer.

I reckon that this rig could be so loud that every time I hit the bass drum, myself and the kit shift forward a bit. :o

But that is not the idea. I just want for have 'enough' overhead to handing the drums, vocals and backing tracks without the combination of all three overload some typical powered wedge.