Author Topic: My DM10 after a few days of customization's, a few original ideas maybe...  (Read 2484 times)

;D Firstly, I  am very grateful I have found a place where like minded DM10 lovers can talk about their DM10's. I feel I'm not alone anymore.
Secondly, I want you  all to know I'm going to be here for the long hual. I love CUSTOMIZING :o !! I have only had my  DM10 for a few days but heres what I've been through and have changed so far....

I found my DM10 on craigslist for $300. Here's what it looked like in the ad.

About a week later and after a ton of adjustments, it looks like this now...

I added tables by removing the caps of the rack legs and inserting wooden dowels which crew into the table top in order to hold my breifcase recording studio. (I'll make a post about that if you request it, It's really cool.)...

I also took some old speakers and gutted the face to eliminate the boxes for space reasons and screwed them into the wood to amplify my drums so I do not have to use headphones. The speakers are powered by a cheap stereo I use as a receiver which I found at Goodwill for $10 ( better than spending a $100+ on a used amp. )  :o

Because I mounted my module onto the rack behind the snare, I had an extra rack arm , so I installed it pointing straight up and it doubles perfectly as a nifty stick holder!!

So there you have it.. Thanks for looking... I'll keep on posting if yall keep reading! Cheers!  :D

Offline Th3R00st3r

Pretty cool Hacks. I know a few mates in here that will like that. I like the painted cymbals and the use of the stick holder.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Thank you, yes I am learning a lot from this forum.. I just gave my dm10 shells a sweet makeover for 75ยข glittery silver.  It's a bit hard to notice but the subtlety is nice.

Offline Dobly

I like the painted cymbals too. They are like a regular acoustic with a rubber pad on.