Author Topic: dm5 not recognised in BFD2  (Read 2789 times)

Offline H3RB

dm5 not recognised in BFD2
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »
ok so i downloaded the trial of BFD2 and i connected my dm5 to my pc via midi-usb.
now bfd2 picks up the midi cable in the settings but when i hit the pads on my kit nothing happens. ive tried the learn midi wizard but thats not working either.
how the heck do i do it? lol any help is great

Offline Guinness

Re: dm5 not recognised in BFD2
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
Did you set Midi in the DM5 to 'send'?   (I don't remember exactly, but I think that's the setting.)
And, you sure you have the midi cable in the correct jack?  In vs. Out.

that's probably not much help, but sometimes it's the simple things.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
thanks for the reply. yeah i have it in the write port and jsut to make sure i tried both lol.
i no my midi-usb thing works as i can change the sensitivity of my guitar hero drums with it.
are there any drivers or anything i need? as im just plugging it into my dm5 then straight into the pc.
ive tried changing midi "thru" to all 3 settings on,off and flo but none of them work >:(

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
I dont have the solution but have you confirmed midi is getting into your PC? in cases like this I always try to eliminate each section so i can pin down what the issue is with. If the PC is getting the notes then that would suggest a BFD config issue if no midi notes are getting to the PC that would be a module or cable issue.
Try loading edrum monitor and see if that can see any incoming midi notes.