Author Topic: New DM10 Studio Kit Trigger Presets  (Read 11200 times)

Offline raptor

Re: New DM10 Studio Kit Trigger Presets
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »
 :) Glad I could contribute.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
The title of this update is "Studio".  Safe to assume it is for "Pro" too?

I'm not sure I'm going to load it, as I like how my kit's triggers are set now.  Unless, there's something else that comes with it?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »

Yep, the module is the same for Pro and Studio.

I'm not sure I'm going to load it, as I like how my kit's triggers are set now.  Unless, there's something else that comes with it?

Don't think that the update overwrites the trigger settings (didn't on my module), but to go the safe way raptor has found out the working trick to save and restore trigger settings (see his posts below) ;)

Offline DrumBumWoody

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
I did the upload last night...all went well.
I don't notice any difference. However, everything works well with the new pre-sets and it didn't with the stock pre-sets. So the hours I spent getting things to work right in the first place would seem to be unnessesary now. I would suggest anyone who just got a new DM10 setup load this first.

Woody
DM10x2 Pro with surge cyms + additional surge crash and tom + Roland PD125 snare + Roland KD120 Kick with Iron Cobra double pedals, all with mesh heads(HellFire conversion - BBIII), DM7 USB, USB Pro, Trigger I/O, Tama percussion, Conga's, Bongo's, Roto Toms, cow bell and block.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »

Yep, the module is the same for Pro and Studio.

I suppose my question was stupid, as I am quite aware that the module is the same.

However, crosstalk differs between the two as the rack is different...  and this update may be more suited to the Studio.

Anyone who did the update see anything other than better trigger/crosstalk?

Offline Sichris29

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
It would be helpful if we had a list of the improvements so as to be able to check these out. I did the upgrade but don't hear/feel any difference at this time.
I agree, I would like to know what exactly was updated also. I was also wondering if this update would change the settings for Xtalk send/receive and such.

Offline barcsdad

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
My current system:

Trig OS: 1.00a
Sound ROM: 1.03
Sound OS: 1.00m

Should I do this update? I've got Tom1 issue and from reading this thread, don't expect it to be fixed. I'm pretty happy with my settings right now, but am kind of an update junkie... My main concern would be that it would undo all my Tom1/Perc4 changes. Anyone?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but I believe we have to distinguish between the way Dan has announced "trigger presets" in the update post and the way a normal user would use that term.

On the module the user has only one "trigger preset" and that's the customization he has made in the Ext. Trigger setup menus to get his kit perfectly triggering his beats. He can save this global trigger settings and - as we just have learned ;) - reload it into the module, but there's only one set of adjusted parameters at a time.

Dan's "trigger presets" (plural!) could therefor only mean that there are specific hardware related settings coded in the sound OS (or "app") part of the module's brain that are working like piezo-by-piezo-settings or something similar.

Dan: If you're still reading, please correct me if I'm telling nonsense ;)

My main concern would be that it would undo all my Tom1/Perc4 changes. Anyone?

If you want to get really save you can dump your trigger settings to your computer first and then reload them (as described in raptor's posts below!) if the upload has broken them. I would recommend this update anyway.

Offline vtdrummer

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
Not sure if this will be helpful for anyone or not, but here goes...  ;)

I downloaded the updates from the website, and the backed up my settings (all settings and triggers only).

I then went through the installation instructions step by step (don't forget to HOLD the REC button while starting the install of the Boot loader file (I THINK that's the only one that "needs" it, but I did it for all).

I got to the Sound update, and it failed TWICE!  (Yikes!)

So I RE-downloaded the updates, unzipped them again, and re-did the updates, (All of them), and the second time it all went fine.  (So don't panic if it crashes like mine did!)

My set SEEMS to be working fine, not sure if it's any better yet or not, but it's not any worse.  ;D

I do still have the TOM1 issue, however.  :(

(As soon as I have time, I will address the Tom1 issue with Alesis, but won't until after Memorial Day... big project going on, and just don't have the time during the week to call them yet.)
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227