Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 184072 times)

Online Hellfire

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2016, 03:30:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y4HOlpp2cs

1:25:
"A 12" movable hihat - feels great, plays good" :'(

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure it will be a dual zone hi-hat. Heck, the DM10 had the samples for a dual zone hi-hat, Alesis just didn't implement it. Think of it this way, if they went through the trouble to put 8 outputs on the back they will most likely have the dual zone hi-hats. Heck, there a better chance of having the dual zone hats than the dynamic velocity editing. And not having the dynamic velocity editing would be truly something to be sad about.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2016, 08:22:53 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure it will be a dual zone hi-hat. Heck, the DM10 had the samples for a dual zone hi-hat, Alesis just didn't implement it. Think of it this way, if they went through the trouble to put 8 outputs on the back they will most likely have the dual zone hi-hats. Heck, there a better chance of having the dual zone hats than the dynamic velocity editing. And not having the dynamic velocity editing would be truly something to be sad about.

Well maybe someone missed, Jman post above, He talked to the guy at Namm 2016 and confirmation from Alesis Booth, this time the hihat WILL have 2 zone, look like Tip and edge like Sample rack but probably with more multi sample capability then Sample Rack..

With My Sample rack have it already:
Hi Hat A:(Bow)
Open; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note
Mid ; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note
Close; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note

Hi Hat B:(Edge)
Open; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note
Mid; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note
Close; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note

HiHat Chick 1 midi notes, 2 sound velocity
HiHat splash 1 midi notes, 2 sound velocity

Hihat: Total of 8 midi note and 16 samples
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:12:37 AM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2016, 08:29:07 PM »

Well maybe someone missed, Jman post above, He talked to th guy at Namm 2016 and confirmation from Alesis Booth, this time the hihat WILL have 2 zone, look like Tip and edge like Sample rack but probably with more multi sample capability then Sample Rack..

With My Sample rack have it already:
Hi Hat A:
Open; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note
Mid ; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note
Close; + 2 sound velocity switch sound + 1 midi note

Hi Hat B:
Open; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note
Mid; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note
Close; 2 sound velocity switch sound +1 midi note

HiHat Chick 1 midi notes, 2 sound velocity
HiHat splash 1 midi notes, 2 sound velocity

Hihat: Total of 8 midi note and 16 samples

Yes, Thanks for pointing that out.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2016, 08:30:48 PM »
I asked a few of the questions you might be interested in. I was told the Hi Hat cymbal WILL be 2 zone this time. The crashes will be chokable, not just one of them. 3 zone Ride as already mentioned. The cymbals are still similar, so I would say they should work fine with the DM10, with the exception of the extra zone on the HH cymbal of course and the DM10 current limitations as far as cymbal chokes. They will need to be tweaked parameter wise according to Tim, they just got in and that was one of the reasons they did not get a kit ready for NAMM because they had not adjusted/tweaked the module for the new cymbals. I was told the limit would be 40 velocity samples X 16 ..... or you could put 640 samples on one instrument but you would have shot your load on that one, so AFAIK you have 640 to play with within the kit? The module had no sounds loaded at NAMM, so a hands on test is obviously useless. But it certainly looks like a move in the right direction, and it is NOT a 2 layer limit like the Sample Rack, or Sample Pad Pro..... So, maybe the Edrum industry is starting to "get it" ...... Anyway ..... hope it helps. J  Oh, and digitalDrummer magazine is supposed to get a kit to test and review so check back with Allan on that.

Awesome info Jman!
Since you had a chance to see the kit, do you know if that mounting clamps are metal or plastic on the rack?

Offline Khes74

« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2016, 10:11:28 PM »
Awesome info Jman!
Since you had a chance to see the kit, do you know if that mounting clamps are metal or plastic on the rack?

Although I haven't seen it in person, I would bet that the clamps are plastic. The rack seems to have the same clamps at the Crimson. The cymbal tube top adapters for sure are. I remember having to remove one of those on my Dm10 kit.

I could go on and on about why I don't like the rack, but nah.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:26 PM »
I hope they stay with the plastic clamps.  They are nearly indestructable and don't crush the rack tubes.
JimmyB

Online Hellfire

« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
I hope they stay with the plastic clamps.  They are nearly indestructable and don't crush the rack tubes.
JimmyB

My only concern is the larger toms might slip with plastic clamps. For that reason I'm hoping for metal (or metal/plastic hybrid). It's really not a deal breaker, but metal I think would be a nice touch.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
I use their clamps with a real thin piece of craft foam on my acoustic drums. Never any slippage.
JimmyB

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:01 PM »
Well done Alesis. Dm10 is a really great drum, expecially the X version.
The main negative aspect in my opinion is the price. Too high at the moment.
Of course the Alesis target is higher and they try to catch a large number of people that at the moment prefer other brand like roland or yamaha.

Edit: I'm watching the NAMM 2016: Alesis E Drums Video... is The forge module a machinegun??
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:48:45 PM by ClaudioCas »

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
Looks like the clamps are different from my 10x but by the sheen id say they are plastic.
JimmyB

Offline Guinness

« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »
For Sale:  DM10 Pro, with Roland mesh heads.   ;D    :o

Price:  TBD   ::)

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
Looks like Kraft will have bundles on these kits when they drop...

http://www.kraftmusic.com/brands/alesis/drums/strike-pro-kit/
http://www.kraftmusic.com/brands/alesis/drums/strike-zone-kit/

I wonder if the kits will come with the hi-hat stand???

Online Hellfire

« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
Judging on one of the official Alesis pictures of the Strike kit, I would guess the hi-hat controller is actually in the pedal of the hi-hat stand. I get it's just a promo pic and some of what is shown could change, but look and the hi-hat stand foot pedal in the picture. It looks like a standard Real Hat pedal bolted to a hi-hat stand.

This isn't a bad thing, but if they are trying to keep cost down, this is how I would make the hi-hat stand/controller. So, if the controller is truly in the foot portion of the hi-hat stand, then chances are high that Alesis will supply the hi-hat stand (because the stand and controller are bolted together).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:49:00 PM by Hellfire »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »
Judging on one of the official Alesis pictures of the Strike kit, I would guess the hi-hat controller is actually in the pedal of the hi-hat stand. I get it's just a promo pic and some of what is shown could change, but look and the hi-hat stand foot pedal in the picture. It looks like a standard Real Hat pedal bolted to a hi-hat stand.

This isn't a bad thing, but if they are trying to keep cost down, this is how I would make the hi-hat stand/controller. So, if the controller is truly in the foot portion of the hi-hat stand, then chances are high that Alesis will supply the hi-hat stand (because the stand and controller are bolted together).

The Hihat stand and snare are DW, one things interesting links below, now bundle without HIHAT and snare stand..
http://www.kraftmusic.com/brands/alesis/drums/strike-pro-kit/

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »
I sure hope they aren't using that POS pedal in any way shape or form.  The FSR just doesn't have range of motion needed to play smoothly.
JimmyB

Online AlanK

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
I'm not seeing any hi-hat stand or pedal in the bundles even through your link.. also says NO on the spec tab for hi-hat stand. But in any case, I have a feeling they photoshopped the RealHat pedal against a hi-hat stand for that photo. In the news release photo the pedal seems to be tilted ever so much that it seems to not match with the floor angle, and you'd imagine they'd paste in one of their own brand of pedals. It's kind of a cool idea, if it was their pedal mated to a stand, but would it function the way we want? Would it feel odd and take away from the beauty of using a real hi-hat stand? I have a feeling it will come from Alesis without stand/pedal and if a store wants to bundle it that will be on them.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Online ChrisK

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
I'm not seeing any hi-hat stand or pedal in the bundles even through your link.. also says NO on the spec tab for hi-hat stand. But in any case, I have a feeling they photoshopped the RealHat pedal against a hi-hat stand for that photo. In the news release photo the pedal seems to be tilted ever so much that it seems to not match with the floor angle, and you'd imagine they'd paste in one of their own brand of pedals. It's kind of a cool idea, if it was their pedal mated to a stand, but would it function the way we want? Would it feel odd and take away from the beauty of using a real hi-hat stand? I have a feeling it will come from Alesis without stand/pedal and if a store wants to bundle it that will be on them.

Yes the stand are clearly DW, I doubt it included on the package, probably Photoshop for "now" I don't know how this will works with HIHAT stand, there is no Item on the Strike Pro Kit includes: ( snare and hihat stand)

http://www.kraftmusic.com/alesis-strike-pro-kit-electronic-drum-set.html

Strike Pro Kit includes:

Strike Performance Module
    14” Strike snare pad with wood shell
    8”,10” and 12” Strike tom pads with wood shells
    14” Strike tom pad with wood shell
    14” Strike kick drum pad with wood shell
    16” Strike ride cymbal (3-zone) with full rubber pad and hammer marks
    (3) 14” Strike crash cymbals w/choke, w/full rubber pads and hammer marks
    12” Strike hi-hat cymbals (top and bottom) w/full rubber pads and hammer marks
    Premium 4-post chrome rack
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:50:03 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »

That's what I'm hoping. I feel optimistic about the hi-hat being included because Kraft normally includes hi-hat stands in their bundles. The absence of a bundle with a stand makes me think there's already one in the default kit.

Example:
http://www.kraftmusic.com/roland-td-25k-v-drums-electronic-drum-set-drum-essentials-bundle.html
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:11:23 PM by djbeecee »

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2016, 04:17:08 PM »

Hate speculating so much... either way. Can't wait for Alesis to shed more light on this kit. I guess their marketing team hit a home run on this one. Causing all this excitement and anticipation...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:30:59 PM by djbeecee »

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »
From the video. Looks like a dw pedal. Also some wires up by the hats.
JimmyB

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2016, 06:24:04 AM »
There aren't cable attached... probalby the Strike is "under development" at this time and there is no a definitive configuration.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »
For Sale:  DM10 Pro, with Roland mesh heads.   ;D    :o

Price:  TBD   ::)

HAHA! Hilarious Guinness!
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
Looks like we won't see this thing until around late May, early June... From Kraft Music's site...

And by see, I mean be able to purchase of course.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:53:16 PM by djbeecee »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
Looks like we won't see this thing until around June... From Kraft Music's site...

And by see, I mean be able to purchase of course.

If, if they get them in by June that is still Q2 of this year which is what Alesis stated.

IMHO (base on history), if it comes out this year it will not be until October. I would guess the big demo of this kit will be at summer NAMM. Alesis has a history of showing edrums kit at summer NAMM. Other companies don't have that same history. Alesis basically owned the DM10 showing at summer NAMM 2009 because the competition (i.e. Roland & Yamaha) don't go to summer NAMM.

As much as I would like to see this kit released in Q2, I don't see a problem waiting until October. Especially if it means a little more time to prefect the Strike module.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
Little Update, They give the Double braced Snare drum stand, drumstick on both kit zone and pro, click on Feature at the right..
http://www.alesis.com/products/view/strike-pro-kit
http://www.alesis.com/products/view/strike-zone-kit

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:32:55 PM by ChrisK »