Author Topic: cc Pedal for Trigger i/o  (Read 5411 times)

cc Pedal for Trigger i/o
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
Hi everyone! About to buy a Trigger i/o, can anyone recommend a hi hat pedal to go with it, or which one to avoid? Thinking Yam hh65 or Roland FD 8, any info gratefully received!

Offline Hellfire

Re: cc Pedal for Trigger i/o
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Hi everyone! About to buy a Trigger i/o, can anyone recommend a hi hat pedal to go with it, or which one to avoid? Thinking Yam hh65 or Roland FD 8, any info gratefully received!
I would go with the Roland FD-8. Yamaha pedals function a little differently and are meant for Yamaha units only.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
Cool, cos thats the cheapest! Thanks for the advice.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »
Hi Shooby,
Did you get the FD-8? if so how is it withe the trigger io? I have a DIY controller (design copied from vdrums forum) but the IO doesnt seem to always trigger with it, have checked the controller and it is working as it should.
Anyone else got a trigger IO, what HH controller are others using? I really like the IO but I also like playing my hi hat, so unless i can get it working right on the IO i am going to have to consider ebay td-6.
Cheers

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »
Well it's taken a few days, but I've got the FD-8 working great with the i/o, edrummonitor and Addictive Drums. The only thing is there's not much travel between closed and fully open, takes a bit of getting used to. For anyone who hasn't yet tried Addictive drums with the "Modern Jazz" sticks kit, do yourself a favour! It's amazing! Every time I load a different kit, I just think...na, lets load that one again!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Hi everyone
I just got myself a trigger I/O and I am having difficulty setting up the hh controller.  I have a pintech hyperhat that snagged as is from ebay for next to nothing, so I am not even sure it is functioning properly.
The only (occasional) sound I can get from it is a foot splash sound, but no different between open and close hits when I hit the actual hh pad.
I was actually contemplating a DIY that would allow me to use my regular hh stand but I have heard that the hh controller design posted on the VDrum forum only works for Roland brains (aparently it is a continous vs open/close signal issue).
Can anyone shed some light on this please
Thanx a bunch

Offline ghostman

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »
Hi everyone
I just got myself a trigger I/O and I am having difficulty setting up the hh controller.  I have a pintech hyperhat that snagged as is from ebay for next to nothing, so I am not even sure it is functioning properly.
The only (occasional) sound I can get from it is a foot splash sound, but no different between open and close hits when I hit the actual hh pad.
I was actually contemplating a DIY that would allow me to use my regular hh stand but I have heard that the hh controller design posted on the VDrum forum only works for Roland brains (aparently it is a continous vs open/close signal issue).
Can anyone shed some light on this please
Thanx a bunch

I have an older HyperHat, too.. post a pic of it so I can compare it to what I might have... I noticed the older HyperHat worked ok - I did get close (chik) sound and open and closed hi-hat sounds while playing.  One other thing I noticed is when I take my foot off of the HyperHat, it reverts to a closed sound.  So, down and fully open = closed sound.

I've since gotten an FD8 and I am getting a new PinTech hi-hat with the controller between the cymbals..  The trigger IO and my MIDI keyboard don't have full dynamics, nor does my BFD lite.  I am really waiting for the DM-10 to come in to test all the full variability of all my hi-hat devices.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.