Author Topic: Idea for a clamp to use with converted A-E drums  (Read 1865 times)

Idea for a clamp to use with converted A-E drums
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
I have a USB studio kit which has the usual Alesis type clamp system. I have been working on ideas for clamping my diy acoustic converted drum triggers to my existing rack. I found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METRIC-STAUFF-PIPE-CLAMP-6MM-OD-42MM-OD-COMPLETE-/220926942247?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&var=&hash=item3370459c27

They may have been covered already but they look like they might be ideal to attach to the drum. The rod/arm would slide between the jaws and  you would lock it in place by tightening the hex bolts. Perhaps the hex bolts could be replaced with traditional drum bolts of the required diameter?

Just an idea anyway. Let me know what you reckon.

Re: Idea for a clamp to use with converted A-E drums
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
It looks as though the stauff clamp has a bottom plate which the blots screw into. Id have to drill 2 holes in the side of the drum and then drill out the holes in the stauff clamp's bottom plate to allow longer bolts to pass through it and all the way though the drum shell. Id use nuts and washers on the inside of the shell. That should make a nice neat mount.