Author Topic: Enabling VELOCITY in Bell and Edge strikes with Addictive Drums 2.0  (Read 2954 times)

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum. Got my Alesis DM X10 Studio mesh kit one week ago and I've been reading this forum quite extensively. I have to admit, this forum is as dope as it can get!!!

I want to use the kit mostly with AD2. I used the pre-set MIDI map of AD2. All connections work as expected and even the hi-hat pedal works continuously. Choke functions of both the ride cymbal and the first crash are also working perfectly fine.

My only problem is the following: The bell and the edge of the Ride cymbal trigger correctly. However, they are not VELOCITY-dependent. The always trigger at the maximum sound.

Does anybody know how to solve this and make them VELOCITY dependent? I could not find something relevant using the forum's search function.

Thanks for this awesome forum!!!

Offline Chaser

Re: Enabling VELOCITY in Bell and Edge strikes with Addictive Drums 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 11:26:34 PM »
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum. Got my Alesis DM X10 Studio mesh kit one week ago and I've been reading this forum quite extensively. I have to admit, this forum is as dope as it can get!!!

I want to use the kit mostly with AD2. I used the pre-set MIDI map of AD2. All connections work as expected and even the hi-hat pedal works continuously. Choke functions of both the ride cymbal and the first crash are also working perfectly fine.

My only problem is the following: The bell and the edge of the Ride cymbal trigger correctly. However, they are not VELOCITY-dependent. The always trigger at the maximum sound.

Does anybody know how to solve this and make them VELOCITY dependent? I could not find something relevant using the forum's search function.

Thanks for this awesome forum!!!

Check the Ride velocity curve on the module. It sounds like it is set to "constant"

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 03:34:30 AM »
Hey thanks for the quick reply.
However this is not the case. RideBow and RideBell curves are either LOG1 or LOG2.

I realized that probably the DM10 module does not support this function. The ride bell as well as the "edge"/crash of the so-called Three Zone Ride, do not have velocity sensing even within the module...

Is this true?

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:20:04 AM »
Well, I just searched around a bit and it is true. For the 3-zone mode, there is no sensing of velocity (because the bell is SWITCH).

Sorry for posting the question before doing a more thorough research!

Offline Sharkuel

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
Though, if you happen to have a cymbal where the bell is a piezo, rather than a switch, at least you got that covered. The surge cymbal, for example.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever