Author Topic: Drum Rack Question  (Read 560 times)

Drum Rack Question
« on: August 19, 2021, 10:58:18 PM »
Im wondering if anyone can comment about this through possible experience.  Can some drum racks cause more Vibration
than others that you can actually feel the difference through your body when playing ?  Even to the point where the mesh heads even feel different while playing on 2 different type Racks.  Example Nitro Rack with Nitro mesh heads vs Forge Rack with same Nitro Mesh heads

Offline Hellfire

Re: Drum Rack Question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 02:41:51 PM »
Im wondering if anyone can comment about this through possible experience.  Can some drum racks cause more Vibration
than others that you can actually feel the difference through your body when playing ?  Even to the point where the mesh heads even feel different while playing on 2 different type Racks.  Example Nitro Rack with Nitro mesh heads vs Forge Rack with same Nitro Mesh heads

My comment has more to do with general rack vibration than your specific Nitro vs. Forge.

I don't know if I would say "feel the difference through my body. If you are "feeling" the vibration, I would be wondering how hard you are hitting your pads and how heavy a stick you are using. A general rule of thumb with edrums is use nothing larger than a 5A stick. If you are using 5B sticks and whacking the crap out of your kit (and with lots of rim shots), that's going to destroy a more affordable edrum kit like the Nitro or Forge and yes you just might feel the vibration. Especially with those rim shots.

Rack vibration can be different depending on the rack. Things like metal clamps vs plastic clamps and how long the tubes (and how large the tubes are) can all make a difference. Normally the only issue that comes from too much vibration is miss triggering or cross triggering (i.e. when I hit pad A, pad B triggers as well). A lot of times this can be mitigated with a combination of module setting and stuffing dense foam rubber in the horizontal tubes.