Author Topic: Rim shots not working on some toms, but can be triggered on the module  (Read 2004 times)

I recently purchased an Alesis Nitro Mesh set but I'm concerned I may have a hardware problem. Alesis Support is not getting back to me. I can get a rimshot on the snare and tom 2, but not toms 1, 3, and 4. If I swap cables around, I still can't get rimshots on those pads, even though I can trigger a rimshot by pressing the button on the module. That suggests to me it's a problem in the pads themselves, not the cables or the module. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to fix this, or confirm for me it's a warranty issue I need to pursue.

Offline Chaser

Re: Rim shots not working on some toms, but can be triggered on the module
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 06:35:59 PM »
I recently purchased an Alesis Nitro Mesh set but I'm concerned I may have a hardware problem. Alesis Support is not getting back to me. I can get a rimshot on the snare and tom 2, but not toms 1, 3, and 4. If I swap cables around, I still can't get rimshots on those pads, even though I can trigger a rimshot by pressing the button on the module. That suggests to me it's a problem in the pads themselves, not the cables or the module. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to fix this, or confirm for me it's a warranty issue I need to pursue.

The Alesis site is a little confusing as it only lists the Nitro Mesh snare as dual zone.
I see MID note assignments for the Tom Rims...but only 4 Voices for Tom Rims in the Voice List

Connect the toms one by one to the snare input/cable and see if they all trigger the rim..if they don't they either have a bad piezo or they are single zone..
If they all trigger the snare rim... check the Kit(s) that is loaded and see if Tom(s) Rim sound is loaded.
If the Toms have faulty rim triggers and the kit is under warranty you can write in your claim you tested all the toms in place of the snare

187-Tom Rim 1
188-Tom Rim 2
189-Tom Rim 3
190-Tom Rim 4

NITRO MESH VOICE LIST