Author Topic: Bass Drum multiple triggering  (Read 662 times)

Bass Drum multiple triggering
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:17:32 AM »
DM10 Studio Mesh
I have an issue with the bass beater bouncing on the mesh head, almost like a roll. I try my best not to bury the beater but it doesn't always seem to correct the issue. I'm using a DW 2000 pedal with a plastic beater head. It's almost as if the mesh head is too springy. I've increased the spring tension on the pedal with limited success. I'm thinking I should crank the retrigger setting to the moon. Any advice appreciated.

Offline AlanK

Re: Bass Drum multiple triggering
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »
You may want to try loosening the head on the pad a bit, see if that helps
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 02:24:14 PM »
You may want to try loosening the head on the pad a bit, see if that helps

If this doesn't seem to work enough (sometimes it does, so please try that first), you may want to purchase a "KAT Percussion KT-TBB Silent Strike Bass Drum Beater". These tend to eliminate some of the extra bounce (along with a little loosening of the head). They are available just about everywhere on the web. Just do a google search.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »
First of all...thank you. You folk rock. After loosening the bass drum head about three full turns+ on each screw the problem is rectified. The tension on the bass drum head is noticeably looser than the tension on all the other drum heads. Do I risk any damage to the underling components by having the mesh head so loose? Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Offline Joker47

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 05:38:56 PM »
I had the same issue when I first got my kit. I ended up buying a cheap 22" bass shell, and installing the Roland KD-A22 kick drum converter. It plays like a "real" kick drum now, and I don't have the multiple triggering I had with the pad.

Regards,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou