Author Topic: DM PRO Module  (Read 982 times)

Offline Terry

DM PRO Module
« on: November 13, 2020, 12:05:23 AM »
Greetings! I’m trying to bring an old, broken DM PRO back to life. I just got it in early October, 2020. The display will light up, but it shows only a series of black boxes. Also, none of the input controls on the front has an effect. Any ideas where/how to start troubleshooting? I would love to see it live again!! Feel free to message me!! Thanks very much!

Offline korakios

Re: DM PRO Module
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 03:34:40 AM »
Factory reset
1.  Turn the DM Pro off.
2.  Hold down the [< CURSOR]  and [CURSOR >] buttons. (Once you get thehang of this, you can just press the middle of the
[< CURSOR >] button withone finger.)
3.  Turn the DM Pro back on.
4.  Let go of the [<CURSOR >] button after a couple of seconds

You could try plugging a pad and see if it produces sound , or at least a midi message
There is no way to update the firmware ,maybe getting a v2 eprom to replace the current might help

Hope it works, best drum module ever made...

Offline Terry

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 12:26:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply, korakios! I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately, the input controls have a malfunction and none are working. I’m really stuck until I can learn more about how the circuit board is designed. I would give my lunch money for a schematic or diagram of the circuit logic. I’ve thought about jumping the buttons to the main board just to see if it’s the control board/harness that’s bad, but I’m brand new to the Alesis brand, don’t wanna do more harm. The unit is upgraded to the 2.0 EPROM, and apparently it worked when it left the seller, which I believe after contacting him, so something could have happened in shipping. I’m so bummed. I’m not completely useless with electronic repair, but I’m no expert either. It’s just sitting there waiting to be used, and I’m not confident about digging into it yet. Ugh...

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 01:56:13 PM »
Blank screen is never good.When power supplies start to go bad they have odd behavior.
If I remember correctly the DMPro has a 4 pin type.
See if the module will go into diagnostics mode.
Press/Hold Trigger < and > simultaneously on power up.
Don't know if it will be of any help without a service manual..Thats about all I can remember.