Author Topic: Man Cave Drum Room  (Read 3704 times)

Offline AlanK

Man Cave Drum Room
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »
Hey folks, happy new year!

We bought a house and moved over the xmas holidays.. geez there's a lot to do, fix, set up and so on... I tore down my kit back around middle of December and been too busy to even think about it till this past weekend.

Rebuilt it in the new music room / mancave in our basement.. it was the previous owner's teenage son's room but I've told our kids (teens) sorry, this is MY space..has a lock on the door so that's where my drums, electronics, beer fridge, liquor and anything else cool and expensive is going and nobody but me has the key!

I put the Alesis together but haven't added the module, cabling or set up my PC with Addictive yet..baby steps..plus my fingers are numb from the two weeks of packing, moving, cleaning and fixing stuff so I'd probably drop the sticks every couple of minutes..anyone have a quick remedy for numbness and tingling in the fingers??

Turns out they layered on some good insultion above the ceiling tiles of this room downstairs so that's a bonus. Plus, I'm in a townhouse and while I was doing some work one day I heard drumming from the unit next to me. Turns out the neighbour has an acoustic set and plays it on the weekends sometimes! It was music to my ears, I've got one guy attached to one side who won't mind if I play through the speakers during the day! Awsesome.. now hopefully my other side is ok with a bit of drumming or jamming once in a while  :P

Here's the setup so far... plus a picture of some eggrolls I made myself for new years (my kids made the spring rolls in the background..they're awesome, but I wanted to try open ended eggrolls! Yummm)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Dobly

Re: Man Cave Drum Room
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »
and so neat (without the cables, laptop, empty beer bottles etc) ;)

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
Looks great, alot nicer than my man cave cluttered with wreckage from past/failed diy projects.  You have inspired me to clean up and try to make the area presentable. Nice Job on your room and the kit looks great. T

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 05:04:07 PM »
Very nice.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:24:54 AM »
i like the setup is that a laurin bass and snare. if so how do you like it. i have been thinking about trying them for quite some time now!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »
Yes, you nailed it. Snare and kick are Laurin drums and I love them. Just add some "reality" to the kit and I really liked the wood grain shells. Took some getting used to, a few adjustments to get the right response. And someday I'd prefer chrome hoops and white mesh heads but that's just me being picky. Of course, if the Strike Pro would ever come out and go on sale, I wouldn't need to be buying up other company's drums..lol.. but yeah, I really wanted to add some depth and make the kit look and feel more like an acoustic set.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 06:24:43 PM »
Yes, you nailed it. Snare and kick are Laurin drums and I love them. Just add some "reality" to the kit and I really liked the wood grain shells. Took some getting used to, a few adjustments to get the right response. And someday I'd prefer chrome hoops and white mesh heads but that's just me being picky. Of course, if the Strike Pro would ever come out and go on sale, I wouldn't need to be buying up other company's drums..lol.. but yeah, I really wanted to add some depth and make the kit look and feel more like an acoustic set.

Looks amazing!