Author Topic: New member with Alesis DM10X Mesh  (Read 1561 times)

New member with Alesis DM10X Mesh
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:03:23 PM »
Hello!   Just picked up a Alesis DM10X with aftermarket 682Drum mesh heads and am ready to get back into drumming after a long hiatus.

Did a factory reset on the DM10, then updated it with the 2014 firmware from the Alesis site.   

Next it would appear I've got to set the Crosstalk and other variables as it doesnt sound so good right now.  I get a lot of crosstalk and I can't hear the bass drum at all its very low volume.

Looks like there is a ton of info on this board to get caught up on!   

My most pressing need that I could use some advice on is my 4th Tom... its a 12 inch with 682Drum mesh head.   The rubber ring is deteriorated and cracked, while the mesh itself is not taut and smooth.   its wavy and misshappen.  Is there a guide on how to adjust the mesh head?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:06:55 PM by bigtexan99 »

Offline rhysT

Re: New member with Alesis DM10X Mesh
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »
Hello!   Just picked up a Alesis DM10X with aftermarket 682Drum mesh heads and am ready to get back into drumming after a long hiatus.

My most pressing need that I could use some advice on is my 4th Tom... its a 12 inch with 682Drum mesh head.   The rubber ring is deteriorated and cracked, while the mesh itself is not taut and smooth.   its wavy and misshapen.  Is there a guide on how to adjust the mesh head?

Check out some mesh head tensioning info in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsQFd0CKgA

Re: New member with Alesis DM10X Mesh
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »
Good video!  I'm just about to get started.