Author Topic: How to Choke in ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2  (Read 17771 times)

How to Choke in ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post after I found out how to choke in SD 2. What I did was adjusting the Envelope and Volume of the Cymbal 1. You can try following my setting (in the pic) as it works for me. Be sure to click on "Edit Articulation Only" for Mute sound. So the setting won't affect the normal Crash sound. 

Thanks for looking and hope this help.
Alesis USB Studio Drum Kit

Re: How to Choke in ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:23:01 AM »
How did you get your key set to B0? Everytime I try to set it to that it doesn't go. And how does the choke sound? Do you get an extra sound before the choke?

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:37:47 AM »
I'm using DMpad 12" Cymbal for this setting. I just select the Crash cymbal in SD2 and I click "Remove" botton until nothing in the box. Then, click "Learn" botton and touch the cymbal pad as I choke. After that, I adjust the Envelope and so on until I get the sound right.
There is no extra sound come before that and it sounds natural to me.

Hope this help. ;)
Alesis USB Studio Drum Kit

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 05:15:37 AM »
Works great:) Thanks:) Now all i need is to get ride mute too.....

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:26 AM »
Works fine!! NOW I can choke the cymbal!!

Thanks a lot!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:29:10 AM »
I can not get the cymbal to choke using your methods? Is something we have to do in the DM10 Module to allow the cymbals to trigger the coke in SD?
I am the drummer in my my band DaSreamingNation. I use Superior Drummer, DM10,Trigger I/O and Triggers of all kinds to put out the beat.

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 04:09:36 AM »
I tried these methods and couldnt get the choke to work either?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
I tried these methods and couldnt get the choke to work either?

Our member Jacko had posted a tube link to a video demonstrating this setup in SD2 (it's around 3:20).

And as stated in former posts here, learning the right MIDI note from the DM10 when touching the choke strip is important.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
I ended up just using my Trigger I/O for all cymbals it's much easier to configure with it and it does not have the midi 46 lock on it.
I am the drummer in my my band DaSreamingNation. I use Superior Drummer, DM10,Trigger I/O and Triggers of all kinds to put out the beat.

Offline pbear5

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
I just used the Edit This Articulation option and set the Volume fader to zero on the Mute articulation and it works great.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »
finally i found something usefull i was getting crazy with the choke ..also if it doesn't work fine all the time. thank you very much