Author Topic: Just introducing myself  (Read 2863 times)

Just introducing myself
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:39 AM »
Hi Guys,
Jurgen from the Netherlands here.
I am completely new to electronic drumming. I have been playing acoustic drums all my life but since I have the time and space, etc. I also bought a DM6. I play a lot more often these days, especially my family and neighbours appreciate the lack of noise.

I am mainly here to become educated on the technical side of things since I am pretty ignorant. If there are any tips in relation to hooking up my lap top to the module to be able to play along to my band's mp3s and stuff like that it would be much appreciated!

Offline Hellfire

Re: Just introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »
Hi Guys,
Jurgen from the Netherlands here.
I am completely new to electronic drumming. I have been playing acoustic drums all my life but since I have the time and space, etc. I also bought a DM6. I play a lot more often these days, especially my family and neighbours appreciate the lack of noise.

I am mainly here to become educated on the technical side of things since I am pretty ignorant. If there are any tips in relation to hooking up my lap top to the module to be able to play along to my band's mp3s and stuff like that it would be much appreciated!
Welcome aboard Jurgen. We will try to help when we can. If you are just wanting to play along with some mp3s, you should be able to just plug your mp3 player into the "mix in" input on the back of the DM6. If you are using your laptop as an mp3 player, you just need a cable to go from your headphone out of your laptop to the "mix in" of the DM6. I hope this helps.