Author Topic: DM10 MKII Pro Extreme Platinum Edition (two days old!)  (Read 1887 times)

DM10 MKII Pro Extreme Platinum Edition (two days old!)
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Just got my kit yesterday. I’ve been playing drums for about 40 years (yikes!) off and on full time performer,  and this is my first e kit. Wasn’t all that thrilled at first, but after some major tweaking of trigger settings, volumes etc, I’m really starting to have fun with it. I’m waiting for my used Iron Cobra dbl bass pedal, so it’s definately hard to get fully into it without a bass pedal. I sold my 80’s Tama Superstar set about 6 years ago and have only been playing tabla since.

Anyway, hello to you all!
Ellis
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:48:24 PM by Ellis »

Re: DM10 MKII Pro Extreme Platinum Edition (two days old!)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Well, after five days of light playing (I don’t had a bass pedal yet), one of the floor toms crappies out! The Tim trigger works but not the head. These must really be soldered by monkeys! I will find out if the warranty service is any good.

Offline ironman187

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »
Well, after five days of light playing (I don’t had a bass pedal yet), one of the floor toms crappies out! The Tim trigger works but not the head. These must really be soldered by monkeys! I will find out if the warranty service is any good.

Sorry to hear about the issue. In the other mesh head Alesis kits, this would typically be a symptom of a wire cut by the trigger plate, but the MKII pro pads are a slightly different design. If you pull the head off, you should be able to see down inside where the wire for the centre plate is, check it right around the edge of the plate for a break.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 11:04:09 AM »
Does taking the head off void the warranty?

Offline ironman187

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »
Does taking the head off void the warranty?
No.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
 :o thanks!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »

I'd invest in a good soldering kit.  You'll be doing many wiring repairs.  Geodrum sells good replacement piezos on Amazon.
Simple does not equal easy.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 07:34:51 PM »
Thanks! Are the piezo an upgrade in any way? Obviously good silicone wire and good solder connections would be! I’m very good at soldering (built a hexacopter drone 10 years ago from almost scratch), but not even sure how these things work. Lol And yes, it was a broken solder connection. Crap wire, and so stiff. But, I got my warranty replacement!

Ellis

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 08:32:29 PM »
Thanks! Are the piezo an upgrade in any way? Obviously good silicone wire and good solder connections would be! I’m very good at soldering (built a hexacopter drone 10 years ago from almost scratch), but not even sure how these things work. Lol And yes, it was a broken solder connection. Crap wire, and so stiff. But, I got my warranty replacement!

Ellis

The piezo's I got from Amazon are larger and have much better wires.  I just replace them as they go out.  So far, it's only been my foot bass and snare.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8X1VX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 11:49:20 AM »

Ellis

The piezo's I got from Amazon are larger and have much better wires.  I just replace them as they go out.  So far, it's only been my foot bass and snare.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8X1VX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and as of this morning... a tom.  :)

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 09:36:41 PM »
Thanks, just ordered 5 even though they sent a replacement 12” tom.

BTW, how often do the plastic (resonator) plates break?

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:56 PM »
Thanks, just ordered 5 even though they sent a replacement 12” tom.

BTW, how often do the plastic (resonator) plates break?
Haven't had that problem.  I've replaced piezo's due to bad wiring and had a foam pillar detach, but no broken plates.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 09:38:43 PM »
Good to know!