Author Topic: How do I know if I'm getting the latest generation Strike Kit Vs. an Old/first?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline cleverest

The vendor I bought from is giving me the run-around in a rather disinterested tone/response, claiming that the warehouse sends what they send, they can't check...this is unacceptable of course, and I will return the older kit immediately if I receive the first 1st one...but HOW DO I TELL? I know they fixed a lot of issues....

Offline Purpledc

I answered in your other post. But easiest way is to inspect the kick drum.  shine a bright light inside.  Is there is a white plastic base with an oval foam pad its the new kit.  If it just a stack of 4 or 5 perfect circle foam pads its the older model.

Offline cleverest

I answered in your other post. But easiest way is to inspect the kick drum.  shine a bright light inside.  Is there is a white plastic base with an oval foam pad its the new kit.  If it just a stack of 4 or 5 perfect circle foam pads its the older model.

Thanks! I got the kit yesterday. It's way more impressive in person. Beautiful. I will check that tonight when I get home. :-)

Offline cleverest

It looks like the latest...it came with v1.4 on the module too. :-)

Offline Iggford

Thanks! I got the kit yesterday. It's way more impressive in person. Beautiful. I will check that tonight when I get home. :-)

It's definitely a stunning kit, especially once you are in front of it.  I've been very happy with mine, and it certainly turns heads when I take it on stage!