Author Topic: Why are people removing their SD cards on strike to delete kits?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Purpledc

So,  I was reading a lot of feedback on the strike kit and one thing I keep reading are comments from people upset that they have to remove the SD card from their module and insert it into their computer to delete old kits. 

What I do is much simpler.   Everyone who had done the 1.3 firmware update or any update needed a USB cable to perform that update.   If you use that same cable you can plug your computer directly into the module and your computer recognizes it as an external SD drive.  You can delete and add kits and its automatically updates on your module.   You don't have to open strike editor.  You just need to open your files and select either drive E or F.   I cant remember which it will come up as.

Offline BobbyKidd

Re: Why are people removing their SD cards on strike to delete kits?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 03:01:36 PM »
I wonder if connecting a USB flash drive at the end of the cable instead of the computer, would work also.  I'll try it tonight and report back to this thread.
Alesis Strike & Strike Pro Modules & Kits
Alesis D4 & DM5
Alesis SR16
Superior Drummer 3
Steven Slate Drums

Pro Drummer since 1979

Offline Purpledc

Re: Why are people removing their SD cards on strike to delete kits?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
I doubt it.    if you ran a cable from your kit into a USB flash drive you have no menus or access through a computer.   This really is only to eliminate the need to remove your sd card from the strike.   That way you can delete and add kits just with your computer plugged directly into your module rather than having to jump back and forth.

But if you do store kits on a USB flash drive and want to easily transfer things you can plug that flash drive into your laptop while also being plugged into your module. Then you can copy and paste/delete files from the usb/ module all day long.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:36:28 PM by Purpledc »