Author Topic: STRIKE: Anyone notice something weird about the power station nat kit?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Purpledc

So I'm sitting there trying to figure out what I'm hearing that I'm not liking on the power station Nat kit.  In particular the kick sound.   Every time I use that kick I hear a cymbal in the background ringing out.  Listen carefully.  I swear I hear the ride resonating in the background.  Almost like when they sampled that kit they did the drumset as a whole set up rather than sampling each instrument separately.    Anyone know how to cut off the ass end of a sample?

Offline Chaser

Re: STRIKE: Anyone notice something weird about the power station nat kit?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »
Anyone know how to cut off the ass end of a sample?

It's a lengthy process...the sample(s) (may be multi-sampled) make up an instrument.
You would have to edit the sample(s) then create a new user instrument

which sample are you using ? I'll check when I get time..I don't know what Amb stands for..maybe "Ambient" or"Ambassador" head?
PS DW 18inKick Amb
PS Tama 22inKick Amb

There isn't much info on the Power Station samples ..
Kick Drums
DW Collectors Maple 16x18
Tama Star Series Maple 18x22
http://www.alesis.com/kb/article/2377

Have you tried adjusting the decay and lengthen/shorten the sample  ?..or filter?..maybe that will take it out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:42:40 PM by Chaser »

Offline Purpledc

Its the dw one. I was able to choke it off my reducing the decay time.  Decay works much better on the strike than on previous modules.  Im impressed.