Author Topic: DM-10, Superior Drummer 2, Studio One Pro Two  (Read 4955 times)

DM-10, Superior Drummer 2, Studio One Pro Two
« on: February 10, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
Hello, I am having problems getting  an Alesis DM-10 to work thru Superior Drummer 2 going thru  Presonus Studio One Pro 2.  This configuration worked fine with Studio One Pro.  It also ran fine with Studio One Pro 2 Demo, which at that point the DM-10 stopped working with the Studio One Pro.  I can get the DM-10 to register into the midi of the Studio One Pro 2 but the only thing that seems to work is the hi-hat control  pedal.  I have tried running Studio One Pro 2 in Administrative mode, that does not work.  I have tried everything I know to do and after hour after hour messing with turning on and off, loading and unloading  the DM-10. Nothing seems to work.  I am running a Dell Studio 1558 i7 processor, 8 gigs of RAM, with a Momentus XT 500 GB HD (7200 rpm).

Offline vaikl

Re: DM-10, Superior Drummer 2, Studio One Pro Two
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
Hello, I am having problems getting  an Alesis DM-10 to work thru Superior Drummer 2 going thru  Presonus Studio One Pro 2.  This configuration worked fine with Studio One Pro.  It also ran fine with Studio One Pro 2 Demo, which at that point the DM-10 stopped working with the Studio One Pro.  I can get the DM-10 to register into the midi of the Studio One Pro 2 but the only thing that seems to work is the hi-hat control  pedal.  I have tried running Studio One Pro 2 in Administrative mode, that does not work.  I have tried everything I know to do and after hour after hour messing with turning on and off, loading and unloading  the DM-10. Nothing seems to work.  I am running a Dell Studio 1558 i7 processor, 8 gigs of RAM, with a Momentus XT 500 GB HD (7200 rpm).

Michmatt, welcome to our forum. I've seen your posts in the Presonus and Toontrack support forums ;) and if *they* can't help you out it's impossible for us. I'm pretty sure that your issue has nothing to do with the DM10 itself because it registers as a MIDI device and you can see it. That's all a DM10 could do.

The only hint I could give - based on the other posts there - is to check the location and recognition of the SD2 plugin file on your harddisc and to experience with different, fresh plugin installations.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
The only hint I could give - based on the other posts there - is to check the location and recognition of the SD2 plugin file on your harddisc and to experience with different, fresh plugin installations.  thank you for answereing so fast.I am a newbie at this, i reinstalled the studio one and the universal control and it made the problem worse as now nothing works, not even in toontrack solo.  i do not know how to check the location of the sd2 plugin on hard disk.  how is that done.  thank you mike matt

Offline Met

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
@michmatt55,

Some files could be corrupted. :(
Uninstall and reinstall everything you need to, Starting with Toontrack Solo and SD2 and get Asio4all installed if haven't done it already. (Asio4all is a virtual Audio Device Software) its good for its low audio latency which in DAW Softwares works great.

Now Configure the basic settings for Toontrack Solo, These steps are to ensure you get the DM10 to be recognize by Toontrack Solo again and move to your DAW Software. (Use Toontrack Solo 32 Bit Version If You're On 64 Bit)

1st. Open Toontrack Solo select Superior Drummer 2, Click on Options tab and select MIDI Devices, Under MIDI Devices, you should see your device which is DM10, so check the box to select it and press ok.

2nd. Click on Options again, Audio, Audio Device and change "Device Type" To ASIO, Highlight ASIO4ALL v2.
Check everything if its working with DM10 and make you use the DM10 Modules Original USB Cable as some of the other versions cables might Drop the connection.

What if you see that SD2 is receiving Midi message from your DM10 but you hear nothing?
There will be a Green square play icon in the right taskbar After ASIO4ALL is selected in a Standalone Program or DAW Software (on Windows), Click on it, click wrench icon, you will see your computer Soundcards or Audio interface Soundcard which is input or output that sort of thing, collapse it by clicking the + to see the ins and outs.
What you want is Audio output to your PC so click on the power icon beside it to see it light up with a play icon beside it aswell (indicating That its ON)

Last thing is to assure your Computers Playback Device is set to your Computer Speaker as default.
I Highly Advice getting this things Done before moving to Studio One Pro 2 Configurations.

For Mappings Of Alesis DM10 With Toontrack Superior Drummer 2, Look for my post on This Thread:

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=815.0

The mappings are made with DM10 Studio Kit and it works great with Toontrack Solo which includes open and close hi hat, Variable hi hat Sounds.
Try using it With DM10 Pro if you need, and see if it works.

A Mapping Version for DAW Softwares is also Made as the Variable hi hat Sounds does not work in DAW Softwares so Velocity sensitive hi hat Function has been added to substitute the Variable sounds. The sounds of the hi hat gets more opened the harder you strike them while your foot is of the pedal and close sounds while stepping the pedal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:31:47 AM by Meteoracp »

Offline Met

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
For SD 2 Plugin file Directory, Try This:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VST

You should see look "Superior Drummer.dll" file in the VST Folder