Author Topic: Loving my DM10  (Read 2223 times)

Loving my DM10
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
I have to write to just say how much I am loving my DM10. It is working so well with my older Yamaha pads. It has renewed my interest in electronic drum kits. It rocks and works so much better my Mad Catz midi controller with my Wii Rockband. Just could not be happier.

Stuart

Offline Sharkuel

Re: Loving my DM10
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 04:50:17 AM »
Great to read, Seforeman :)

I had the same feeling when I purchased mine. It is a great module for both beginners and professionals alike, so it is more than reasonable that you sound so happy about it. Now you could show us some pics, will you not? :p
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 02:27:37 PM »
Perfect topic for how I feel today. I've been pretty focused on using my DM10X with Addictive Drums 2 pretty much all the time in the last year or so..it sounds and plays amazing. But last night I fired up just the module then began to program a few user kits to try out once again some of the fancier sounds. I put together a kit with the toms sounding like mellotone, and some crazy Random voicing patterns on the hat, ride and kick. Also did one with funky guitar on toms, bass slide on crashes, added layers to the kick, hat and snare with things like triangle, hip voices, dog barks etc. And did one with all out insane effects layered over the ride, hat, snare, kick and pretty much everything to create a kinda hip-hop kit with lots of bells and whistles, scratch, randomized synth and other selections from the Hits and Random sections, even the Oriental percussion and a few other areas. They're a blast to play and the kids are loving it too, they had no idea there were so many voicings in the module. Takes a lot of time testing out what works and sounds good but layering an effect on top of the kick, hat, ride etc really makes it pop. I do wish they had more in the Random folder.. there are a ton in the Hits section, that's for sure. Fun fun
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:54:13 AM »
I did post a pic of the setup in the Sight and Sound section. Loving the Alesis!

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:45 AM »
I do wish they had more in the Random folder.. there are a ton in the Hits section, that's for sure. Fun fun

Yeah Al, I agree with you about having more random sounds available and I hope the Strike module includes a useful variety of them.
I've converted the DM10 Clav Jam kit by mixing Hi & Lo Timb Rnd with the tom sounds and Pan Timb with the snare.
Also previously created an animal sounds kit on my Multi-12 including a variable tempo horse gallop sound on an external snare pad (just for the kids).  ;)