Author Topic: stack/trash/spiral cymbals  (Read 2069 times)

stack/trash/spiral cymbals
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
Hello fellow drummers,

I was wondering about stack cymbals and spiral cymbals on  the dm10 module. What options are available for such a creative group!

Offline Khes74

Re: stack/trash/spiral cymbals
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
I would check the instrument list in the manual for anything that could be a stack. Spiral Cymbals are much less common than any other cymbal or cymbal stack, I highly doubt they exist in the Dm10 module.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »
thanks i appreciate that i'm still new to the alesis and all things dm10 related. there is a lot i still need to learn to dial this thing in and get it sounding like i want but you have certainly pointed me in the right direction!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Ok I decided to re-post this and maybe word it better this time. I'm trying to mimic a stack cymbal setup with lots of these new weird cymbals. I'm wondering if anyone has a clue on how to approach this situation?

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
There is a china/stack sound in the model. I believe it's labeled as a china. Adjust the decay to the desired length and add in a static white noise type sound under it. I've done it before, but I can't remember the settings right now.
Alesis DM10 Studio with mesh head conversion, Crush Drums and Percussion Artist, Vic Firth Artist, Istanbul Cymbals Artist