Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1a and open source!)

(1/36) > >>

Corvidae:
As we all know, the current solution for sharing kits on the DM10 is, well... lacking. We have to do a full SysEx dump, send it to someone, then they have to restore their module to it, losing all of their custom kits in the process. On top of this, you can't even see what the kit settings look like without destroying yours in the process.

Today, that has changed. We now have a full* online/offline DM10 kit editor! Go here to download version 1.1:

https://dmeditor.codeplex.com/

Just unzip it to a directory (no install necessary) and go!

Usage is simple. Connect your DM10 to your PC (both USB and MIDI work), then start the program. If the connection is correct, your DM10 should switch to kit #100; at that point, you're ready to go! Any changes you make in the PC interface should be reflected on the module, allowing you to quickly configure and prototype any sounds you like. When you're done, you can save either the currently selected instrument, the full kit you're working on, or your entire module for use later (or to send to others!)

If you have problems, check the FAQ page. Feel free to create tickets for bug reports (you'll have to register first, though). Any questions can be directed here or via PM.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for taking a look!

Special thanks to Hellfire, who helped with testing and input. You rock! :D

Updates:

v1.1: Added support for BlueJay soundset, implemented a couple new features (kit copying / defaulting), fixed a couple bugs.
v1.0: Initial release

vtdrummer:
Corvi:  Thanks for doing this... I have downloaded it, and will give it a try when my DM10 unit returns from repair.

Hellfire:
One word

"Outstanding"

Thank you Corvidae for taking the time to create this program. I've been wanting to tell the users here on the forum about this for a while now. NAMM is not even here yet and this is quite possibly the best news for the DM10 this year. Again, thank you for letting me be part of your testing phase with this project. I can't wait to see how people utilize this very powerful program.

BTW, Since many here at DMdrummer.com are going to like this news, I've made it a sticky and will be adding it to the new feed at the top of the page.

isaidso:
Awesome news. Any chance this works with the DM8 module?

Corvidae:

--- Quote from: isaidso on January 03, 2012, 08:39:19 PM ---Awesome news. Any chance this works with the DM8 module?

--- End quote ---

There's a chance, sure. Give it a shot; if it does, please let me know! I don't have a DM8 to test with, but if everything works, I can officially add support for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version