Commons > Lobby

New to drumming! I stink!

(1/4) > >>

BEEFHAMMA:
I stink at the drums that is. My name is Dan, I play keys, bass, and guitar...figured I might as well buy an e-kit to have as well. Just put it together last night (Alesis Nitro mesh) and it sounds really good to me for $300. Excited and can't wait to (try to) learn!

Freightshaker:
Practice, practice, practice.  :)  I'd also suggest picking up a practice pad.  I have an Evans Real Feel and it works well.

rhysT:
Maybe try some Drumeo 'deodorant' with these free video lessons: http://www.freedrumlessons.com/drum-lessons/

BEEFHAMMA:
Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked out some Drumeo videos and some others on YouTube for some drills. After a couple weeks I can already tell how much better I've become. As my skill increases, my wife's yelling at me to stop decreases.

orion32:
Hey Beef.  I'm new to drumming too.  Have been playing less than a year.  I found some really great videos by Gordy Knudtson on youtube.  (He's the drummer for Steve Miller). I found his videos on stick technique and holding very helpful.  Before watching his videos I was holding onto the sticks like I was choking a snake and wondering why my arms, wrists, and hands were getting tired so quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version