Author Topic: Using the Alesis sample pad with a dM10 module to play user voices  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Den

Sorry this is real idiots guide request and I apologise if this has already been answered but I couldn't find anything.
I need to say that I am not familiar with MIDI technology.
I have an Alesis DM10 module and would like to use some voices that are not in the DM10. I am thinking of buying a second-hand Alesis Samplepad. This has an SD card slot.
Can I load my own voice samples and connect the Samplepad to the DM10, and trigger my user voices that are on the SD card, from the DM10 pads?
If so will the sound from those voices be channelled to my amp from the DM10's Main Out cables or will I need to use the Samplepro main outs?
Can someone please tell me which menu choices I need to use in the DM10 and the Samplepad please.
Thanks, Den

Offline Chaser

Re: Using the Alesis sample pad with a dM10 module to play user voices
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »
Sorry this is real idiots guide request and I apologise if this has already been answered but I couldn't find anything.
I need to say that I am not familiar with MIDI technology.
I have an Alesis DM10 module and would like to use some voices that are not in the DM10. I am thinking of buying a second-hand Alesis Samplepad. This has an SD card slot.
Can I load my own voice samples and connect the Samplepad to the DM10, and trigger my user voices that are on the SD card, from the DM10 pads?
If so will the sound from those voices be channelled to my amp from the DM10's Main Out cables or will I need to use the Samplepro main outs?
Can someone please tell me which menu choices I need to use in the DM10 and the Samplepad please.
Thanks, Den
Check this Topic
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7159.msg49029#msg49029

Offline Den

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »
The article you have pointed me to is regarding the Sample pad Pro, which is a later model to the earlier one which I have shown on one of the photo's I posted.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:11:40 AM »
You also can do it with out using midi by using audio out on sample pad and audio in on drum module.
Had to sell a car for my Alesis Strike but I’m ok with it.

Offline Den

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »
Thanks.