Author Topic: DM5 Pro Kit  (Read 2909 times)

DM5 Pro Kit
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
Hi, just ordered a DM5 Pro kit and should get it in the next day or so, is there anthing I should look out for in setting it up as I have not set up an electronic kit with such a multitude of features or is it fairly straight forward.

Also has anyone used or uses the Jamdock for playing ipods along with the kit or are there any alternitives.

Thanks

Iain

Re: DM5 Pro Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »
its pretty simple 30 mins to 45 mins to setup the dm5 its very user friendly it will work out of the box with some further reading you can tweak  settings and build your own kits as for the jamdock just run your left and right out of your dm5 into the input of the jamdock and use either headphones or run it into a power amp or mixer or home stereo different cables would be required depending on your output
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »
Having just gone through this set up a few weeks ago...  the biggest thing is understanding Voice, Tune, Group, Ext. Trig, & Drum Kit.   getting a good understand of that will help you tweak your kit.  If I remember, I had some crosstalk issues at first, but that's simple to solve.  I had trouble with my hi-hat, but that was soon enough solved (thanks Phil!).

I didn't use the jamdock.  But did buy a 2-channel mixer.  I plan to return the mixer, 'cause the ipod just never sounded good through it.  Jamdock would be my next purchase, if I wasn't going to return the DM5 (that's a whole other story.)

Your'e at the right place.  Lot's of helpful people in this forum.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:54:20 PM by Guinness »

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
Good vid on the DM5.  It explains all the features.  You may find it helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxojcUTdgQI&feature=related