Author Topic: Alesis strike pro for gigging  (Read 3081 times)

Alesis strike pro for gigging
« on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
Hi All,
I am a gigging drummer and I am looking to buy a strike pro kit. Wondering if anyone has an opinion length of set up time and overall size of this kit. Read some complaints about both, too long to set up and too big. Can anyone share their experiences please
Thanks
Tony :)

Offline Iggford

Re: Alesis strike pro for gigging
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »
I gig with mine.  It's an expanded Strike Pro (see the pic below).  I can go from packed to unpacked and set up in about 30 minutes.  My band always allows 2 hours for setup, so I usually have time to fine-tune placements and make sure everything is triggering properly.

I love gigging with it.  There are several options for bags and cases for pads, hardware and even the module to keep everything in good condition.

The kit is definitely a large e-kit, but we've also played some tight spaces with it.  I kept my DM10 kit, which is much smaller, for really small venues.  I have a 6' x 4' mat that I put under it.  It fits on that mat just fine, so it's never really been a problem for me.

--
Shawn

Online AlanK

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »
Dang, that's (again) quite the beast of a set.. MUCH too large for that venue! lol  very envious! Good stuff, Shawn
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
Hi Shawn,
Thanks so much for the reply. Nice pic of your monster e-kit too. This will push me to the buy button
Thanks again and have a great weekend

Offline Iggford

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 03:48:55 PM »
Dang, that's (again) quite the beast of a set.. MUCH too large for that venue! lol  very envious! Good stuff, Shawn

Thanks, Alan!  Yeah, it's pushing it there.  It's about the smallest space we play regularly, and there's a walkway behind me, up to the kit, so it makes it easy to get in and out.  Normally, that corner would be way too small, but they way they have it set up, it works. :)

Hi Shawn,
Thanks so much for the reply. Nice pic of your monster e-kit too. This will push me to the buy button
Thanks again and have a great weekend

Thanks and you're welcome!  I really have no regrets with going with the Strike.

--
Shawn

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »
Hey drummers, let me give you my scenario.

I am in a new project (a duo - acoustic and edrums) and I have been practicing my songs at home on my Strike Pro with headphones. The rehearsal space has a Roland TD-8 which does the job and runs through it's own speaker. To get my levels set for gigging, I brought my module and hooked it up to the TD-8 triggers. I put it through the same speaker as the TD-8, the sounds are horrible. So I decided that everything, vox, guitar, drums, will go through a small 10-channel mixer to a Bose L1 with a subwoofer. 

For some reason, the levels for snare, cymbals, and bass seem to change for each song even though I do not touch the module for most songs. HH is always there solid though. Toms do not change that much either. I am wondering if I should not put the drums through the mix and use a powered speaker instead.

Looking for any tips!

Thanks

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »
I gig with mine.  It's an expanded Strike Pro (see the pic below).  I can go from packed to unpacked and set up in about 30 minutes.  My band always allows 2 hours for setup, so I usually have time to fine-tune placements and make sure everything is triggering properly.

I love gigging with it.  There are several options for bags and cases for pads, hardware and even the module to keep everything in good condition.

The kit is definitely a large e-kit, but we've also played some tight spaces with it.  I kept my DM10 kit, which is much smaller, for really small venues.  I have a 6' x 4' mat that I put under it.  It fits on that mat just fine, so it's never really been a problem for me.

--
Shawn

By any chance do you play Rush tunes?  ;)