Author Topic: 8" Mesh issue  (Read 2574 times)

8" Mesh issue
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
Hey all!  I just did the Hellfire conversion on my DM8 PRO kit, which has an extra 8" and 10" tom.  Everything is fine, except the (2) 8".  FYI- I did not have any resistors in any of the pads.  I can barely hear the 8", even after a bunch of adjustment, and the others (including the 12") sound and play great.  I did search, but found nothing, please advise.  Thanks, Mike.

Offline vtdrummer

Re: 8" Mesh issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
Try the pad on another cable/port.  If it works, the problem is either the cable or the DM10 port.

Check the cable on the offending port.  Try another pad on that cable, so you're sure the cable is good.

Open it back up and test the piezo by a very light touch on it, while plugged into your module, if nothing, then check the solder joints on the piezo... both ends of the wires.
DM10 Studio 2011 w/Surge Cymbals added, BB Mesh head conversion w/rubber muffs at bottom, one 12" A-E pad, Simmons DA200S, sometimes using 2 satellite speakers... Simmons SDMP-1 Multi-pad.
See my DIY 12" Acoustic to E-Drum project post here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1227

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »
Try the pad on another cable/port.  If it works, the problem is either the cable or the DM10 port.- TRIED IT, PROBLEM STILL EXISTS

Check the cable on the offending port.  Try another pad on that cable, so you're sure the cable is good.- TESTED, CABLE IS GOOD

Open it back up and test the piezo by a very light touch on it, while plugged into your module, if nothing, then check the solder joints on the piezo... both ends of the wires.- IT PLAYS WHEN I TAP THE PLATE, BUT VERY LITTLE SOUND WHEN COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED.  PLAYED FINE BEFORE MOD.  I DID THE 8" NO DIFFERENT THAN THE 10/12"

Offline Ennuk3

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
Try to lift the mesh sandwich in the pad with some foam or thick cloth, to get it well against the head.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
As well - try to play around with the threshold/sensitivity settings - I found that some combinations caused the rim or nothing at all to trigger instead of the drum head. I slightly changed the values, and it was back to normal.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
JACKPOT!  I added another layer of wacky foam, and ...perfect!  Now I will do the same to the bass, and I am FINALLY getting close to actually playing!  Still have to learn how to adjust/tune, and set up my extra triggers.

Thanks for the help!