Author Topic: [DM10] CYMBAL CHOKE ON ANY DUAL ZONE INPUT  (Read 7270 times)

Offline Hellfire

[DM10] CYMBAL CHOKE ON ANY DUAL ZONE INPUT
« on: January 02, 2014, 11:24:03 PM »
CYMBAL WITH CHOKE
ON ANY DUAL ZONE INPUT

(Using Alesis Surge, Pearl E-Classic, DIY or Smartrigger cymbals with choke strip)
[REDbox users please note that screens may be labeled/look differently within your module]

Theory of Operation:

All DM10 and REDbox users know that the module itself has only one crash cymbal input that supports a choke function (other than a three zone ride option). What most these users don’t know is that it is possible to have a crash cymbal with choke on any input of the DM10 assuming you use a certain type of cymbal trigger and an under used function of the module called “Mute Group”. For this advance technique I used an Alesis Surge 13” crash with choke strip. I would assume that a Smartrigger, or Pearl E Classic cymbal could be used as well considering they are the same design. This should also work for those users who DIY there own single zone cymbal with under mount choke switch. I did not have the opportunity to try this technique with the Alesis DMPad Crash Cymbals so, I don’t know if the DMPad cymbals will work in this capacity.

MORE TO COME…….
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:47:48 AM by Hellfire »

Offline AHayden82

Re: CYMBAL CHOKE ON ANY DUAL ZONE INPUT
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
I look forward to reading more about this topic. Thanks Hellfire!
DM10X With Dampened Rack. Simple 682 Black Mesh Head With Cone Conversion on 8" and 10" Pads. Custom Wooden Hoops and 682 Black Mesh Head With Cone Conversion on 12" Pads. Hi-Hat on separate rack. Roc-N-Soc Throne with Back Rest.

Re: CYMBAL CHOKE ON ANY DUAL ZONE INPUT
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
I hotly anticipate an update. I've been expanding my kit and was somewhat disappointed to find out that I could only choke the one crash cymbal. I'd love to be able to choke the chinas and splashes that I plan on adding so I'm very excited to find out how to do this.