Author Topic: Which piezo sensors for DM10 mesh conversion mod?  (Read 670 times)

Which piezo sensors for DM10 mesh conversion mod?
« on: March 15, 2021, 11:22:17 AM »
Hi,
I guess this has been asked a lot here already but I just bought a mesh head conversion from 682 drums.  My kit is a Alexis DM10 studio pro with the mylar heads. 

The kit is 2nd hand and some of the sensors seem to bit a bit sketchy, especially the snare.  I would like to replace the piezo sensors when I change the heads. 
Do I need to buy a particular kind of piezo with regards to impedance or any other electrical parameters or construction materials and size? 

How best to attach them to what they need to be attached to, what kind of glue or tape works best?  Anything else I should know before I buy some piezos?

Thank you.

Re: Which piezo sensors for DM10 mesh conversion mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:13:39 PM »
I fitted the mesh heads today, I must say, what a difference.  It was really worth doing, they feel great to play and sound even more drum like and after a system reset and choosing the mesh kit it sounded even better.  I still want to change the piezos and I think if they wern't covered in a layer of hard rubbery glue they would work better still.  Anyway i just need to change the head piezos not the lower ones.  They all work ok so perhaps I will leave them...Not sure what to do.  Would new ones be any better?