Author Topic: DM10 Studio Kit playing songs from computer  (Read 1493 times)

DM10 Studio Kit playing songs from computer
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:36:56 PM »
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to have my own songs play through the headphones at the same time as the drum audio? I have a auxiliary to RCA cable but it seems there no ports on the module for them, nor does USB work.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Re: DM10 Studio Kit playing songs from computer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
I plug the output of my Chromebook into the aux input on my Command Kit Module and then plug the headphone output of the CKM into my amplifier. I have total control of the volume of both the song and the drums.

Offline Andy Keys

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »
Which version of the DM10 are you using, ryandek? On mine, the audio inputs are on the back next to the aux and main outputs. See attached image.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
Which version of the DM10 are you using, ryandek? On mine, the audio inputs are on the back next to the aux and main outputs. See attached image.

I'm using the DM10 Mkii advanced drum module from the Studio kit, so it doesn't have nearly as many outputs as that  :(

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »
I'd suggest buying a cheap small mixer or audio interface.. then you plug outputs from the drums and your computer into separate channels on the mixer and set the volumes to what works for you.. I find that best as many songs have different volumes so if you plug direct into your drum module you could get blasted.. with the mixer you just quickly turn down the volume of the music input at will
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
Wow, it worked just with an aux cord when I unplugged my amp.

I feel stupid.

Happy drumming everyone!

Offline Andy Keys

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »
Glad you sorted it  :)