Author Topic: Alesis Purchases  (Read 4120 times)

Offline KnipeDrums

Alesis Purchases
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:22:59 AM »
I increased my Alesis holdings now to include the Palmtrack recorder for field recording and syncing voice tracks to my video work. I also purchased a Multimix 8 usb 2.0 with a bad power cord for a great price. Hopefully I can get this to work because this mixer has been on my want list for a long time.

My Mulimix 8 usb 1.1 I am repurposing as a field sound mixer with my old laptop to record drum videos such as the ones we did with Division Street Drums on you tube. I want to use 2 mics to record the drums, a shure sm57 and a AKG perception 150 plus a voice mic.

Both of these items I got at great discounts. I will post a review when i get them. Tom
Yamaha DtxTreme 3, Roland SPD30

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline Hellfire

Re: Alesis Purchases
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
I increased my Alesis holdings now to include the Palmtrack recorder for field recording and syncing voice tracks to my video work. I also purchased a Multimix 8 usb 2.0 with a bad power cord for a great price. Hopefully I can get this to work because this mixer has been on my want list for a long time.

My Mulimix 8 usb 1.1 I am repurposing as a field sound mixer with my old laptop to record drum videos such as the ones we did with Division Street Drums on you tube. I want to use 2 mics to record the drums, a shure sm57 and a AKG perception 150 plus a voice mic.

Both of these items I got at great discounts. I will post a review when i get them. Tom
Sounds good Tom. Now, if I can just talk you into getting a DM10.  ;)

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »
Eventually I will get a DM10, its just a matter of time and opportunity. I wanted to try the PalmTrack since it had the same type of mic setups as the Zoom H-2, i allready own the Tascam Dr-07 but havent been terribly impressed. I may end up with the H-2 as well but I wanted to try the Palmtrack first since it looks to be built better.

The USB 2.0 version of the MultiMix 8 is just too too good to pass up. The older version which i have works beautifully just not on the scale of the 2.0 so I know I will be happy when i get it.

as a side note: Calling Alesis Customer Service and Parts has been the most fruitless endeavor of my life. They either have no one working there or the ringers on the phones have gone bad. I received an email from them telling me to contact parts to order a new power adapter. So I called and I waited on hold with no one picking up. All I wanted to do was give them my money and it appears as if they do not want it. LOL

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
After sending another email, I had two responses and was able to contact an individual in parts on Tuesday morning. I ordered the correct part and have it on the way.

Yesterday I received the mixer, the power adapter smells funny. The Palmtrack looks nifty and the recording quality seems pretty good. At first there was a little problem getting it to record (it would stop suddenly) but that stopped after a few minutes. I am going to use the Palmtrack and also my Tascam DR-07 side by side on a new snare drum video so it will be easy to do a side by side comparison.

My hats off to Chris Figueroa in Alesis parts. Thanks Chris

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »
..the power adapter smells funny.
I can honestly say I have never seen a comment about the smell of a power adapter before. :D If you don't mind me asking, what does is smell like?

Offline drumday

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »
teen spirit.

sorry...
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »
It actually smells like burning electrical wiring.  ;D

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
It actually smells like burning electrical wiring.  ;D
That doesn't sound good. Does it work okay?

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
I purchased it knowing it had a bad power cord. One of the items I purchased was a new power cord. If it still doesnt work I am going to send it out for repair. The price was worth it.  :)

The original owner sent me the bad power cord, i just wanted to see it and smell it and make dure it was bad.

I bought a pistol grip attachment for my Palmtrack and the Tascam recorders. I will post a pic. I have had a stomach virus this week but I want to do an in depth review of the Palmtrack and have that coincide with 3 new Custom snare drums I have coming out. I saw a vid of a Palmtrack recording drums and it sounded awesome so i am figuring it will be great for my demo videos.

I hope all is well with everyone here. T

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline drumday

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »
Hope all is well (getting better) w/ you too!
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

Offline Sichris29

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
teen spirit.

sorry...
LMAO, I almost spit coffee on my computer HAHA

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
I received the new power adapter from Alesis and the Multimix 8 usb 2.0 powered up and appears to be working. Hopefully pics up tonight here and at EDF. T

I have a recording from the PalmTrack to post also. T

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

Offline Guinness

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

as a side note: Calling Alesis Customer Service and Parts has been the most fruitless endeavor of my life. They either have no one working there or the ringers on the phones have gone bad. I received an email from them telling me to contact parts to order a new power adapter. So I called and I waited on hold with no one picking up. All I wanted to do was give them my money and it appears as if they do not want it. LOL

It's almost become common knowledge in this forum:  don't call Alesis, email them instead.  Which you have learned (the hard way).

I think you might be right...  their phone system's ringers are broken.