Author Topic: Replacement heads for Studio Kit available soon  (Read 5995 times)

Replacement heads for Studio Kit available soon
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
I damaged my heads when some nylon tips came off of some old sticks and contacted Alesis to see about replacements.  They got back to me saying that I would have to buy all new pads because heads were not available.

My kit is setup in the front of my motorhome (where I live full time) I enjoy the looks of the Studio kit and integrity of the black heads and white Alesis logos and wanted stay with original heads if I could without the ridiculous cost and waste of having to buying all new pads.  Needless to say, I was not happy when I wrote them back.  I felt they should serve their customers better than this and they quickly replied and agreed.

They have not had this request until now and decided to make them available as well as send me a free set when stock arrives.

Very cool of Alesis in my view to respond to customers requests in this way.

I am adding a picture of how well the set fits into a motorhome.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:28:54 PM by zucar »

Offline Hellfire

Re: Replacement heads for Studio Kit available soon
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
I damaged my heads when some nylon tips came off of some old sticks and contacted Alesis to see about replacements.  They got back to me saying that I would have to buy all new pads because heads were not available.

My kit is setup in the front of my motorhome (where I live full time) I enjoy the looks of the Studio kit and integrity of the black heads and white Alesis logos and wanted stay with original heads if I could without the ridiculous cost and waste of having to buying all new pads.  Needless to say, I was not happy when I wrote them back.  I felt they should serve their customers better than this and they quickly replied and agreed.

They have not had this request until now and decided to make them available as well as send me a free set when stock arrives.

Very cool of Alesis in my view to respond to customers requests in this way.

I am adding a picture of how well the set fits into a motorhome.
That is really cool that Alesis is doing that for you, but how long have you had your kit? I ask because real drum heads don't last very long. They are meant to be replaced (Just like drum sticks, guitar strings, and guitar picks). Many acoustic drummers change their heads out every fourth to six months. At the very least once a year. If you are really that worried about having the original Alesis drum heads, I would suggest when you get your new Alesis heads to pack them away and buy some replacement head that you don't mind beating up. REMO makes some good black heads. The DM10 kit can use standard drum heads from any manufacturer. Just a thought.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
Wait.  Hold everything.   Kit inside the motorhome!  THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
   ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
   ;D

AGREED!

Nice set up. :)
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
   ;D

This....

and This:

If you are really that worried about having the original Alesis drum heads, I would suggest when you get your new Alesis heads to pack them away and buy some replacement head that you don't mind beating up. REMO makes some good black heads. The DM10 kit can use standard drum heads from any manufacturer. Just a thought.

I couldn't add anything else to this post.  HF summed it up perfect.
Bobby D.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:37:44 PM »
Wicked set-up man! Alesis was also very good to me in that I wasn't able to get the free Jam Dock because I live in Canada, so they are sending one to a US address that my buddy has. The guy I was dealing with felt it was important for them to support us Alesis customers in any way possible. Again, cool set-up!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:22 AM »
@Courtballs

Hey How did you do this. Did you contact directly the support by phone or by email ? I'm sure I can find someone that lives in US to receive it.

cheers

Orangeblood

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
I don't understand....why not just buy Remo, or any other head?
The "Realheads" aren't special by any means.