Author Topic: Strike module: how to record JUST the drum track from AUX out?  (Read 1253 times)

Strike module: how to record JUST the drum track from AUX out?
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:48:45 AM »
Hi.

Recording from MAINOUT I hear the drum track, PLUS whatever song I’m playing via AUX in.
I want to play the drums to a song, but my Mac only record the drums, no song.... possible?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:34:47 PM by dino_jr »

Offline AlanK

Re: Strike module: how to record JUST the drum track from AUX out?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:27:50 AM »
use a small mixer (or a large one!) and only have the drum channel go back to the Mac
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »
Hi Alan, could you link me to a suitable mixer! (and cheap)

Ideally Id like to change a module setting to allow the MAIN OUT to achieve the "drums only" sound Im looking for, if it can be done.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »
Hi Dino, this is something like what I got although it was on sale when I bought mine, around 50 CDN

https://www.long-mcquade.com/258/Pro_Audio_Recording/Mixers/Behringer/Xenyx_8_Inputs_and_2_Bus_Mixer.htm

You can get super simple ones cheaper:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/962/Pro_Audio_Recording/Mixers/Behringer/Xenyx_5_Inputs_2_Bus_Mixer.htm

These are from Long and McQuade, but you'll find them at most music or electronic stores.. I see stuff like this on Bestbuy as well.

Also, and I'm not sure about the Strike, but I was re-reading the DM10 manual.. I thought if you used the Main outs it sent everything and if you used the Aux outs it was module only.. likely wrong, and I haven't used output on my module in years, but I know there's a difference between the two output channels. And there was a setting in the DM10 that allowed you to specify whether the output was >Main or >Aux but I'm not techy enough to really know what all that does
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »
Thanks Alan, I'll do some investigating  :)