Author Topic: Can I transfer Strike Pro instrument wav file to SD card for use in Roland TM-2?  (Read 572 times)

I have a Roland TM-2 module with triggers for my acoustic drums for layering sounds at live gigs.  The TM-2 is limited on instruments and kits, how’re allows you to add your own wav files with an SD card.

I’d like to get some snare, kick, and Tom’s sounds (wav files) from the Strike Pro to an SD card to be used in the TM-2.  Is this possible?   

Also the TM-2 requires WAV 16 bit/44.1 kHz.

Offline Chaser

I have a Roland TM-2 module with triggers for my acoustic drums for layering sounds at live gigs.  The TM-2 is limited on instruments and kits, how’re allows you to add your own wav files with an SD card.

I’d like to get some snare, kick, and Tom’s sounds (wav files) from the Strike Pro to an SD card to be used in the TM-2.  Is this possible?   

Also the TM-2 requires WAV 16 bit/44.1 kHz.

The STRIKE Module does not export the Internal samples...recordings are saved to the external SD Card
The majority if not all developers/manufacturers put a lot of money/time into the samples and aren't going to allow .wav samples to be exported/distributed etc.
The few that do allow export do so with proprietary files/formats.

EXAMPLE:The STRIKE Multipad last update allowed export of samples but in proprietary format and complete bank only.

The easiest way without pulling the Internal SD Card and trying to figure out exactly which velocity sample you need ..is to record a kit piece using the Sample feature on the module...just set it to Internal..then record a hit from the kit piece,remember you can select/adjust the Kit/ Voice in the module (FX etc etc) to exactly what you want and you can set the output of the STRIKE Internal sampler to Stereo,Mono L,Mono R or Mono Summed.
Once recorded save/name it to whatever you need to match the Character limit for the TM-2 file names then copy from the SD Card over to computer , then to the TM-2 SD Card

Use the Alesis Sample Converter Utility  (Under Downloads) for any .wav files you want converted for the TM-2 ..it's simple drag and drop for the 16/44.1 conversion