Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183083 times)

Online ChrisK

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »
Just incase you guys missed the "Strike Zone kit" video:

[url:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJ4EtPZZ_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJ4EtPZZ_I[/url]

On the Video and module screen, I saw a page for dedicated effects, reverbs, compression etc...also layers editing page, threshold, attack, filter type with volume level for each etc.. This module look like all tweak can be done as you wish.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »
Apparently there is  two physical knobs on the pads that allow you to dial in more center or edge. for controlling the 10 sensor on pads, probably to prevent the hotspot like Roland.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
On the Video and module screen, I saw a page for dedicated effects, reverbs, compression etc...also layers editing page, threshold, attack, filter type with volume level for each etc.. This module look like all tweak can be done as you wish.

Yeah, but this features (including editing them onscreen) are also implemented - more or less - on the DM10 module. Would be interesting if this are real-time FX that can be assigned individually to the 8 outs too.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 04:55:02 PM »

Yeah, but this features (including editing them onscreen) are also implemented - more or less - on the DM10 module. Would be interesting if this are real-time FX that can be assigned individually to the 8 outs too.

New Video below, at 5:00 strike pro start, , he said we can have hundred of sound sample and and recreate a sound...look like more then 40 layers capability?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_96cZpFD0I

Offline Guinness

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 05:16:06 PM »
THANK YOU ALESIS!

This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long. We long time DM10 users needed a legitimate upgrade path. It looks as if we finally have it.

Admittedly, I have been away for awhile. I had lost interest in electronic drumming, as I felt the industry just wasn't going anywhere. For what it's worth, Alesis has my attention once again. This is part of a totally new direction for Alesis. I'm finally looking forward to a new Alesis edrum kit.

Hell Yes!  Just saw a video and I want one!   Nice work Alesis!

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »
i'm gonna go out on a limb here but it seems that alesis has taken a step to rival the other BIG companies and release their own "flagship" kit and it remains to be seen if it can hold it's own. Being on this website has linked me with thousands of like -minded drummers and i'm sure in the immediate future we will get a chance to tinker around and see how good this new kit really is!

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
I have been on this forum for a couple years off and on. I am no where near knowing what Hellfire, Trondster, Guinness, DeeDubs, vaikl or any other of the mods on this site know, but thank god they do. I have had great enjoyment from my kit because if it. I have read a lot of the OLD posts where drummers got their sets and started discussing the modifications. Then I started reading as the years went on about all the excitement when Alesis would release a new product and the "what would you like the new product to do?" posts that would list all the things the DM10 was missing. Then Dan from Alesis kind of disappeared when all the enhancements on the Alesis forum were getting ignored. There was a lot of sour grapes about how Alesis was not communicating with their customers and they felt jilted and left behind. New products would come out, we would get excited, and then would be let down. Some left the drumming world altogether. I really hope this isn't another one of those moments.

Now Alesis seems to have released what everyone was wanting. A brain that had more memory, the ability to load your own sounds and samples, actual shells and more realistic cymbals etc..etc..

I hope this isn't a pie in the sky and it lives up to it's name. I wish I would have gone to NAMM (i'm only 20 min away) to test it out. I am sure there will be more information released before Q2 when it comes out. This looks very promising.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:35:11 PM by Th3R00st3r »
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 05:46:49 PM »
THANK YOU ALESIS!

This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long. We long time DM10 users needed a legitimate upgrade path. It looks as if we finally have it.

Admittedly, I have been away for awhile. I had lost interest in electronic drumming, as I felt the industry just wasn't going anywhere. For what it's worth, Alesis has my attention once again. This is part of a totally new direction for Alesis. I'm finally looking forward to a new Alesis edrum kit.

Hell Yes!  Just saw a video and I want one!   Nice work Alesis!

Guinness!!! Good to see you here again.

See Alesis, if you just listen we all come back. :)

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
Guinness!!! Good to see you here again.

See Alesis, if you just listen we all come back. :)

That's funny.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »
HI,
   I have Added wish list for the Strike Pro here for those who want to add their wish, it might be the time now, I am sure this is still on progress and not finished...
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/alesis-strike-pro-module-wish-list

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
   I have Added wish list for the Strike Pro here for those who want to add their wish, it might be the time now, I am sure this is still on progress and not finished...

that's even funnier... (jk) /s

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2016, 06:40:14 PM »
Awe Hellfire. I just noticed you merged these two topics together(and i understand why), but I thought I was going to get the credit..guess I missed it by 10 min..LOL.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »
Just incase you guys missed the "Strike Zone kit" video:

[url:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJ4EtPZZ_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJ4EtPZZ_I[/url]

A screen snap-shot for 'Edit Layer' shows similarities to the DM10 settings with A & B layers selected by the F1 & F2 buttons, and some Velocity parameters included in the vertical bars display.
I'd like to see some clearer views of the Strike module's screen settings pages displayed in the videos and would appreciate anyone at NAMM getting pics of them thanks.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:04:00 AM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
HI,
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/alesis-strike-pro-module-wish-list

Gee Chris, I reckon Alesis deserve some kudos for giving Roland and Yamaha a 'wake-up call' and 2box something to think about.

Maybe we should check out Strike's improvements before suggesting what else they could have included for a reasonable price!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:42:51 PM by rhysT »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »
There is a shop in the Netherlands/Belgium taking pre-orders and showing availability in 13 weeks.
Prices show a discounted/sale price in Euros of 3125 discounted to 2500 (@$2700 USD) for the Strike Pro and  2000 discounted to 1600 (@ $1700.00 USD) for the Strike Zone.I am unfamiliar with the tax which shows to include 21% btw.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/elektronisch-drumstel/alesis-strike-pro-kit-elektronisch-drumstel

http://www.bax-shop.nl/elektronisch-drumstel/alesis-strike-zone-kit-elektronisch-drumstel

Online ChrisK

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »
There is a shop in the Netherlands/Belgium taking pre-orders and showing availability in 13 weeks.
Prices show a discounted/sale price in Euros of 3125 discounted to 2500 (@$2700 USD) for the Strike Pro and  2000 discounted to 1600 (@ $1700.00 USD) for the Strike Zone.I am unfamiliar with the tax which shows to include 21% btw.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/elektronisch-drumstel/alesis-strike-pro-kit-elektronisch-drumstel

http://www.bax-shop.nl/elektronisch-drumstel/alesis-strike-zone-kit-elektronisch-drumstel

£1,749.99 Alesis Strike Pro 6-Piece Electronic Drum Kit
http://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Alesis-Strike-Pro-6-Piece-Electronic-Drum-Kit/1GI1

£1,149.99 Alesis Strike Zone 5-Piece Electronic Drum Kit
http://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Alesis-Strike-Zone-5-Piece-Electronic-Drum-Kit/1GI2

US pricing will be $1,599 and $2,499 respectively.
http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/new-gear/read/namm-2016-new-electronic-drum-family-from-alesis/020765
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:13:55 PM by ChrisK »

Offline bmealer

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2016, 12:44:57 AM »
WOW!!!  I got an email today from Alesis with the picture of the new Strike Pro kit and nearly fell out of my chair.  I immediately took to the Internet searching for all I could.  Of course, this site was my first stop! 

This new kit is far overdue, but from the looks of things, it seems that it is worth the wait.  I've always desired an e-drum kit that had FULL SIZE pads like that of an acoustic kit.  Roldand's TD-30KV V-Pro series was the closest we've seen, but at the cost of $7,500 US.  I believe the largest pads are 12".  The new Strike Pro has 14" snare and floor tom....YES!

So, for $2500 US, this seems to be a great deal.  I really hope the new module is as good an upgrade as the new pads and cymbals seem to be.  Even so, combined with Superior Drummer, I can imagine a drumming experience that rivals the Roland 30KV V-Pro in BOTH sound and feel.....for 1/3 the price!

I've read in a couple of places that the new kit should be ready for purchase in Q2 2016.  However, I noticed that none of the NAMM videos had the drums hooked up and was only a display of the new module, pads, and cymbals.  This tells me the kit/module must not be ready.  NAMM is only the world's largest event for the music products industry!  Apparently Alesis wasn't able to showcase the new module's sounds and capabilities.  You wouldn't miss the opportunity otherwise.

Nevertheless, I am still very excited. Enough so that I plan to sell my relatively new DM10X kit to help buy the Strike Pro kit when it is available.  I'm usually not the early adopter type, but I may have to make exception as I may be making my purchase as soon as it becomes available.

It's about time Aleses!  THIS is they product it seems we have been wanting for many years.  Well done!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:48:13 AM by bmealer »
Alesis DM10-X, Remo Silent Stroke mesh heads, 682drums cone conversion, Tama Speed Cobra double pedal, Pork Pie Big Boy Drum Throne, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones, PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, Studio One Producer, Superior Drummer 2

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2016, 01:42:08 AM »
I would have like to have heard the kit when Texas Tim Root was showing the kit in the video. Showing up to NAMM with a product that is not fully functional is not a big deal. The show is about showcasing products in various forms, be it Beta or finished product, ect. Just wish this kit would have been fully functional. The kit looks fantastic and I hope it brings Alesis to the forefront in the Edrumming world and now they have a kit that can potentially play with the big boys now.

Here's hoping !!!!!

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to hear them - didn't realize the kit wasn't fully functional - very impressive kit and a huge game changer for sure - I'm in the same boat as rocdrummer, just bought my set a week before Christmas and now suffering buyer remorse - I'm new to e-drums, is there any reason this new module would not work with my DM10X mesh kit that I just purchased? - if it is everything they say it is, that is the road I'll be looking to take!!  8)

Offline vaikl

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to hear them - didn't realize the kit wasn't fully functional

Hm, in the Strike Zone Kit video there are several people at the booth playing both new kits in the background, one of them the Pro kit which was demoed by Texas Tim in the earlier video. Do you think they are all playing "air drumming" or without any sound?

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 08:42:05 AM »
I was referring to the Strike Zone kits - no videos of anyone playing them with sound - Drum Key seemed to think they were not fully functional - hence my comment - if there is a video with sound of the new Strike Zone kits that I missed, please bring it

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »
yammiman - Quote
 I'm in the same boat as rocdrummer, just bought my set a week before Christmas and now suffering buyer remorse - I'm new to e-drums, is there any reason this new module would not work with my DM10X mesh kit that I just purchased? - if it is everything they say it is, that is the road I'll be looking to take!!  8)
[/quote]

I just bought the DM10 studio Mesh kit over the holidays and I love the kit. No buyer remorse here!  But if the new module is backwards compatible, I will consider buying it as an upgrade. I quote Johnny Five from the movie Short Circuit "Need more input stephanie" Its dated I know but, so has been Alesis in the Edrum kit market.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to hear them - didn't realize the kit wasn't fully functional

Hm, in the Strike Zone Kit video there are several people at the booth playing both new kits in the background, one of them the Pro kit which was demoed by Texas Tim in the earlier video. Do you think they are all playing "air drumming" or without any sound?

I think they are "air drumming" or Alesis has another module hooked up to them. Look at it this way, the drums and cymbals are obviously ready for primetime and if the triggering tech is compatible with the Alesis standard (which I'm almost positive it is), why not show it off.

I have a feeling those new eCymbals might be the big show stopper of this new kit. I say that because Alesis is making a big deal about how quiet and solid they are. I'm not a big fan of the current rubber medeli cymbals Alesis has been using, so new OEM cymbal are a big deal.

Speaking of new kits, did you guys see the new kit lineup?:

• STRIKE
 • CRIMSON
 • COMMAND
 • FORGE
 • NITRO

All but the new "Strike" seem to be a medeli rebrand of some kind. The "Crimson, Command, and Forge" seem to use the same module even though Alesis branded the module with separate names.

I'm pretty sure after seeing these new kits that Alesis is done with the "DM" line. Not necessary a bad thing, but just an observation.

BTW, the name of the new drum kits sound like video game names.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:12:46 AM by Hellfire »

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »
No trailer is really weird considering this is the new flagship,And it seems Kraft is the only one with videos of the big kits them and some German mag,I mean maybe I'm wrong but I don't even think there's been a U.S. press release yet.This whole thing has been weird.Shouldn't there be more hype from Alesis?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:02:24 AM by Dan little »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
No trailer is really weird considering this is the new flagship,And it seems Kraft is the only one with videos of the big kits them and some German mag,I mean maybe I'm wrong but I don't even think there's been a U.S. press release yet.This whole thing has been weird.Shouldn't there be more hype from Alesis?

Welcome to the forum Dan.

I wouldn't worry too much about no press release. This is how Alesis has done things in the past. The press release normally doesn't happen until the product is 100% ready to go and is sitting in their warehouses ready to ship out.

As for other videos. Alesis never releases videos the actual days of NAMM. If they post any, they typically happen the week after NAMM. Keep in mind NAMM is still going on through today. Most videos aren't going to be posted until Monday (when everyone is back at work).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:11:32 AM by Hellfire »