Author Topic: Welcome to the new alesisDRUMMER!  (Read 2539 times)

Online Hellfire

Welcome to the new alesisDRUMMER!
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:59:21 PM »
WELCOME TO:

As you guys can tell we updated a few things around here. We now have notification of PM while logged in to the forum and we now have a "like" button for posts. This updated was first planned once we knew Alesis was getting away from the "DM" moniker. Since it is obviously going the way of the dodo bird we felt it was time to make a change that is more fitting. Good news is, all of DMdrummer is here as alesisDRUMMER. Let me know what you guys thinks.

Offline ChrisK

Re: Welcome to the new alesisDRUMMER!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:48 AM »
Hi,

I like it, great timing to Welcome Strike Kit :)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 01:55:46 AM »
Hi,
   One things if possible to improve, is the login, can we login forever like before? right now we must login each time..

Best
Chris

Offline Khes74

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
Hi,
   One things if possible to improve, is the login, can we login forever like before? right now we must login each time..

Best
Chris

I just logged in a minute ago and set it to forever, so yes it's possible

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
It's a great new name, Hellfire, and the new look is very cool! Great stuff  :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Online Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:45 PM »
I'm glad you guys like the new site. We've been working on it since January. There are still a few minor tweaks that need to be made, but for the most part I think it turned out pretty good.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 11:04:31 AM »
Looks good!  I like the basic forum setup.  Not too complicated. 

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 07:17:19 PM »
Looks awesome dude! Nice job!

Stu

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
Initially, I really liked the new bright look, but after going through a couple of pages it was just too bright.

Can we have an option for the "old-style" color scheme, which was much kinder to my eyes?

Offline Pier

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »
Hi everybody, and WELL DONE PHIL!!! Congrats for the new look and the overall functionalities.
I'm not present a lot with my posts, but I keep reading interesting things, so: thanks for the good work since done!
Cheers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
Ohh yeahhhh!
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »
Thanks for the updated site although the other worked good  :)

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 06:11:41 AM »
Very nice job Hellfire. Thank you for doing this for us. I appreciate it.
- Josh

Alesis DM10 Module triggering SD2.0 - A2E converted Sonor Force 2007. All 3 ply mesh head / Drum-Tec Real Feel. :)

Offline AlanK

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 09:14:11 AM »
Hi Hellfire. Curious if you have the ability to turn on a sort feature or pref so we can set the posts to the way it was (or I had it) in the older dmdrummer forum software.. I had newest up at the top and on page 1 so after reading an entry I could easily click again on Show Unreads Posts to refresh what was new for me. I see that when you go into a forum area there is the option to sort the entries but once you click into a topic the posts themselves cannot be sorted, but they were sortable before. So now you have to click on the last page and scroll to the bottom of your screen to see the last post, then scroll way back up sometimes to get to the Show Unread link at the top right. So, just checking.. I thought maybe there would be a user setting for the overall layout but there's not. I can live with it this way, of course, just hard on my carpal scenario doing so much scroll wheeling!   :o
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Online Hellfire

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
Hi Hellfire. Curious if you have the ability to turn on a sort feature or pref so we can set the posts to the way it was (or I had it) in the older dmdrummer forum software.. I had newest up at the top and on page 1 so after reading an entry I could easily click again on Show Unreads Posts to refresh what was new for me. I see that when you go into a forum area there is the option to sort the entries but once you click into a topic the posts themselves cannot be sorted, but they were sortable before. So now you have to click on the last page and scroll to the bottom of your screen to see the last post, then scroll way back up sometimes to get to the Show Unread link at the top right. So, just checking.. I thought maybe there would be a user setting for the overall layout but there's not. I can live with it this way, of course, just hard on my carpal scenario doing so much scroll wheeling!   :o

When you are logged in click on the "Profile" tab at the top of the page. Right above the Summary you should some options (Profile Info, Modify Profile, Actions). put your cursor over the "Modify Profile" and a menu should be shown. Click "Look and Layout". There should be a check box for "Show most recent posts at the top". After you click that option, be sure to click the "Change profile" button at the bottom right hand corner to save your settings. I hope that helps.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »
Perfect! Done! Thanks Hellfire  ;D  I think I had done this in the last forum version but this time around when I was poking around the settings I somehow missed it.. didn't remember it was to be found down under the Summary option. Most excellent, thanks so much!

Offline rhysT

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »
Initially, I really liked the new bright look, but after going through a couple of pages it was just too bright.

Can we have an option for the "old-style" color scheme, which was much kinder to my eyes?

I've also had some legibility issues with the new forum color scheme mainly in a dark room.

There's an easy way to invert the screen colors in Windows using the Magnifier tool: http://www.wikihow.com/Invert-Colors-on-Windows-7

When it's running (in full-screen mode), this forum's color format looks similar to the normal view of Pearl Drummers forum (and vice versa). 

Fortunately most of the other forums I check out have a lighter background, so it's convenient to stay in magnifier mode.

Btw, thanks Hellfire for keeping the forum relevant for Alesis edrummers  8)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:57:46 AM by rhysT »