Author Topic: Texas Tim Root  (Read 4668 times)

Texas Tim Root
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:45:09 PM »
I saw some videos over on Alesis' youtube channel featuring Texas Tim Root as their new Global Percussion Product Manager.  Texas Tim has been a e-drum guy since the 80's doing clinics fpr Simmons Drums (the original British Simmons Drums folks, not the current Medeli-based Guitar Center/Musicians Enemy brand) and more recently doing clinics for Roland.

Re: Texas Tim Root
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:17:56 AM »
I met him at PASIC in November in San Antonio.  (I live in Austin.)  I was asking him about upgrading my DM10X to use the new mesh heads, but he said to save my money and wait until after the new year when Alesis would have "something new and big".  I have assumed that he wasn't talking about the Crimson since that was already showing up in November.  He should be at NAMM this week.  I sent him an email reminding him of our conversation and asking if there was still anything to be waiting for.  We'll see.  :D

Offline Th3R00st3r

th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:18:11 PM »
http://www.alesis.com/uploads/Alesis_2016_New_Product_Guide.pdf

Definitely is coming, it seems! Wow, I'm loving that Strike Pro kit.. four booms for cymbals (mind you, the outside end posts aren't the easiest to manipulate but would find a use for them somehow)  :-)  Love the sizing, it's pretty much how I've got my kit now with 8, 10, 12 toms and I've got the larger Laurin snare and kick. Also really like the look of the cymbals and wonder if the new hi-hat design will be an improvement to the Pro X (may not take much to improve on that huh?). And the module looks cool, SD user upload ability and so on.. very nice
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »
Alan, do you have a pic of your current setup?
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 02:44:14 PM »
Blurry and not the best angles to show the whole setup but what I've got here at work.. it's been slightly tidied up and rearranged since these.. I need some better shots to show off the snare and tom (and I need to clean up my cymbals!)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 05:30:57 PM »
Thanks, don't worry. I'm not judging...(why are all those alcohol bottles in the background empty??) lol.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:28:29 AM »
Thanks, don't worry. I'm not judging...(why are all those alcohol bottles in the background empty??) lol.
Hahahaha cuz I have a wife and five kids aged 16 to 22! I need to drink   :-[

Offline AlanK

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 09:00:10 AM »
And when I drink.. I just may don a onesie and play my kit! (ok, this was a onetime occurance over the xmas holidays when I got to drinking southern comfort and I spent the night enjoying the warmth of that outfit... the whole "fam" had 'em on xmas morning.. I returned mine on boxing day and will never again wear one of them but I did take a couple of selfies when I was in the moment (a few good drinks and I felt no shame, hahaha)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:01:55 AM by AlanK »