Author Topic: Is the Strike Pro HiHat compatible with DM10 module?  (Read 3171 times)

Is the Strike Pro HiHat compatible with DM10 module?
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Hi. I actually have the Pearl Redbox module and the stock HH controller, which I hate. Plus something happened with the chick sound. Anyway. I'm between the Alesis Pro-X HiHat, however I absolutely hate the playing surface (it's the same I have now) so I'm thinking of the Strike Pro HiHat which is all rubber. Will it work with the DM10/redbox module?

Thanks

PS: The search function doesn't work so I don't know if such a question exists already.

Offline Chaser

Re: Is the Strike Pro HiHat compatible with DM10 module?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 06:45:01 PM »
Hi. I actually have the Pearl Redbox module and the stock HH controller, which I hate. Plus something happened with the chick sound. Anyway. I'm between the Alesis Pro-X HiHat, however I absolutely hate the playing surface (it's the same I have now) so I'm thinking of the Strike Pro HiHat which is all rubber. Will it work with the DM10/redbox module?

Thanks

PS: The search function doesn't work so I don't know if such a question exists already.

I have no issues using the Search next to the help...try using that instead of the Search Box.
The Search box to the upper right shows "Deprecated"

The STRIKE Hi Hat and the Pro-X have the same bottom/controller.
The main difference other than composition is the STRIKE top is dual zone and the Pro-X is single zone.
I don't have a DM10 module (haven't for years) or a RedBox but I would try using a 12" DMpad or similar for the top first.
It would need to line up with the pressure sensors on the lower cymbal/controller.
I haven't tried the STRIKE on a DM10/Redbox so can't confirm,but if the Pro-X is working I don't see why not
I can confirm that The STRIKE Hi-Hat works with minimal adjustment on the Crimson and Command modules(DD650 rebrand)

Also the DM10 had an update specifically for the Pro-X (FSR..sandwich/wafer) as the RealHat pedal is Linear soft/pot with a rubber actuator.
I don't know if the RedBox had an update for Pro-X (FSR) which might have something to do with the chick.Did you or was there an update for the RedBox to use the Pro-X ? I have seen videos where more expensive Hi-Hats like the VH-11 work.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:35:44 AM »
Thank you Chaser. For the search yes I was indeed using the search box on the top right which delivered weird code stuff. I will use the one in the help thanks.
I might have updated it but that was some time ago (and I'm not sure). I definitely have changed the drum sound library in the redbox, I only have a purchased Metal Kit from their shop, which I bought back in 2013.
The chick sound was working until recently (a couple months ago). I honestly have no idea why it stopped. I trigger SD3. The module settings are Note + CC4.

Regards

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »
For what it's worth, I use a Strike hi-hat (top cymbal) with my DM10 kit and RealHat pedal.  It works great.  I've also used the entire Strike hi-hat set with this module in the past, and had no issues.  To me, it actually seemed to work better on the DM10 than it did on my Strike kit. 

I did update my DM10 module some time ago for use with the Pro-X hi-hat, as I bought one of those when I was using my DM10 as my main kit. 

So as far as personal experience, I can confirm that the Strike hi-hat works well with the DM10 module. :)

--
Shawn