Author Topic: DM6 drum pattern volume  (Read 1591 times)

DM6 drum pattern volume
« on: May 04, 2014, 07:23:48 PM »
Hi guys. Searched for this on the forum but didn't find it so started a new topic. Hope this is in the right place.

Is there a way to turn down the volume of the drums that accompany the patterns? I turn the kit and voice volumes up to max and still want to hear the drums that accompany the pattern but they drown out my playing of the drums. I can turn the pattern volume down itself but I specifically want to turn down the module's drumming so I can hear mine over the top.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sakke

Re: DM6 drum pattern volume
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
Hey pmundy,

You can press DRUM OFF to mute the drum sounds of the accompanying Pattern. (This can be a useful
practice tool when playing along with Patterns.) The Drum Off Indicator will light up, and you will still be
able to trigger all pads, cymbals, and pedals in this mode. To unmute the Pattern, simply press DRUM
OFF again and the Drum Off Indicator will be unlit.

Happy Drumming

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I realize I can mute the drums entirely but I just want to turn them down. Is that possible? Thanks.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:39:39 PM »
I'm not sure if there is a way, short of editing the patterns themselves. It's something that is a bit annoying with my own Dm10 - I have the same issue there - where the sequences all have the drums at max volume all the time.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I realize I can mute the drums entirely but I just want to turn them down. Is that possible? Thanks.

What you do is you have to turn down accompanying instruments. Do this like as you would to any drum insturment. Click the accompaniment then change the level of the two instruments. 

This may only work with the Dm10 module though.