Author Topic: Alesis Strike Firmware update 1.10 Discussion  (Read 3478 times)

Offline ChrisK

Alesis Strike Firmware update 1.10 Discussion
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
Alesis Released Firmware update for Strike Latest Firmware Version: 1.10 Release Date: April 25th , 2017
Changes Since Firmware Version 1.00
-Improved overall drum and cymbal trigger performance.
-Improved hi-hat pedal performance, including greater dynamic range for “chick”  sound and a more forgiving
-Triggers Pedal adjustment process.
-Minor bug fixes
http://5a18fcdc5c8aa2617926-54d68a14e2e7c1f76563a2d8c3e9fd82.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/1550/downloads/Alesis%20Strike%20Firmware%20Update%20v1_1.zip

Quick note to Mac OS X users; if you receive an error message from the Updater application that it cannot locate your Strike module, it’s due to a unique way OS X handles tracking old MIDI devices. There’s an easy fix!
http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/firmware-update-released-for-strike-module

What are your feedback about this update, works better now?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:40:12 PM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

Re: Alesis Strike Firmware update 1.10 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Finally some good news to report. I just finished updating my module to the new firmware and all I can say is, "This should have been what was in the module from day one". I normally use a MAC, but the updater software didn't work with my older OS, so I tried my wife's MAC laptop (newer OS). The updater software ran but, it transferred the file wrong. Her laptop showed 100% file transfer but the module stopped at 60% and timed out. I ended up using a PC running windows 10 to do the update. Worked fine from the PC. I think they need to retest their MAC version.

Here's what I've noticed:

- No more ghost triggering and overall better trigger control.

- The hi-hat actually works now (still room for improvement but, most are not going to scream and yell about an unusable hi-hat). I think at this point most would think the hi-hat is just okay (read "mediocre"). Still not great yet but, passable.

- They kinda fixed the zone talk issue with the snare, but with the snare only (now making a snare shot feel natural). Apparently they are going to stick to the hard coded zone talk control (meaning they still haven't included this control parameter in the trigger settings). So they apparently are able to change this but, they are not giving the end user this particular control (at least not at this time). If you don't know what I'm talking about see:  STRIKE module's missing functions (Alesis please read)

There is alway room to improve but, had they shipped with this firmware it would have been much better. Now bring on the editing software.  :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:19:56 PM by Hellfire »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
Finally some good news to report. I just finished updating my module to the new firmware and all I can say is, "This should have been what was in the module from day one".

There is alway room to improve but, had they shipped with this firmware it would have been much better. Now bring on the editing software.  :)

It's good to see progress being made as here's a reminder of our frustrations since a year ago: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6440.msg46361#msg46361
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:41:05 PM by rhysT »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Finally some good news to report. I just finished updating my module to the new firmware and all I can say is, "This should have been what was in the module from day one".

It's good to see progress being made as here's a reminder of our frustrations since a year ago: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6440.msg46361#msg46361

And I still think that comment is relevant and was true.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:12:24 AM »
Now bring on the editing software.  :)

This is something that will make Alesis Strike very mature with custom multilayered sound, which many can't do!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:29:08 AM by ChrisK »