Author Topic: Octoban or Rototom sample?  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Dobly

Octoban or Rototom sample?
« on: October 03, 2017, 05:56:23 AM »
Anyone here have a nice set of Octoban or Rototom samples they can share? (if legal of course)

Offline Dobly

Re: Octoban or Rototom sample?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »
I have been searching around online but can't find either.

There is a set of Simon Phillips drum samples that include his amazing Octoban sounds that is part of a Steinberg Groove Agent software. I'd have to buy both. No likely.

Just thinking if I can't find suitable samples, I'll do my own.

What I could do is make 1 long Octoban.. Record it. Then cut it down to the next size. Record that. Rinse and repeat.

This chap built 8 of them out of PVC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lepwBZs8O2k

I only need 1.

Sounds like a plan eh?  I feel another DIY thread coming along  :D

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:08 PM »
If you are using  DAW..there is a free Vst strictly
rototoms...you can then set them up as like.
Make sure you put everything in the Vst folder so it will properly run.It was built with the Maize sampler
http://www.alanvista.com/royotoms/

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »
Awesome. Thanks Chaser.. I can load them in to Reaper, and render them out for my Sample Rack.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 06:31:41 AM »
Wow. It warned me before replying to this > 120 day old thread.

I'm still looking for Octoban samples.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:56:19 PM by Dobly »

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 04:56:26 PM »
Hi! I'm looking for this samples too.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 11:28:11 AM »
I have been searching around online but can't find either.

There is a set of Simon Phillips drum samples that include his amazing Octoban sounds that is part of a Steinberg Groove Agent software. I'd have to buy both. No likely.

Just thinking if I can't find suitable samples, I'll do my own.

Hi! I'm looking for this samples too.

There is a sound section for All the Samples for the 2Box Modules on the 2Box site.
There is a set of 4 ..Simon Phillips Signature Octobans ..Dry and Ambient versions starting at the Bottom of pg 10.
You can audition before downloading...they will play in Velocity Order.

If you rename the extension .dsnd to wav...the file will play all the Velocities in order , so if you know how to slice up wav files you can do it that way (Audacity etc)..otherwise Download and convert to wav using the DSound Tool,it will split the file into Velocities and Zones.
Simple process..File > Open dsnd..File > Split.Under Edit you can adjust the number of Velocity layers you want (Improve Consistency).and trim silence.
The Folders will be named in Zone numbers with the wav files fully named including Head..Rim etc.
All info is in the manual or 2Box Forum.
If the samples aren't exactly what you are looking for or too large (The wav files will be Stereo 16/44.) then you can run them through a DAW and process as you like,downsample to mono etc or take a Drum Vst/Software like SD3 which has Octobans in some expansions and use MIDI Automation software (SDSE , XtractpleR) that taps out the Velocities and records them as individual wavs.

EDIT:
Added Links
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 12:48:32 PM by Chaser »