Author Topic: How to get good amplified sound from DM6?  (Read 1645 times)

How to get good amplified sound from DM6?
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »
I'm just a drumming hobbyist. I like to learn Ringo stuff, Pop song stuff, just a hobby. I have the DM6, but I don't know how to amplify it well. I use one of my guitar amps, and the kick, snare, toms all sound pretty good. But the cymbals all sound terrible through the guitar amp. As in literally, the speaker distorts and anything less than a feather touch on a cymbal sounds terrible.

I don't see a way to desensitize the cymbals individually on the DM6, so I am wondering, how do more serious players amplify this kit? Surely not through a guitar amp as I am currently doing...

Re: How to get good amplified sound from DM6?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:41:44 PM »
It sounds like you have figured out that guitar are useless with e-drums. Before I bought my headphones and speakers (roland CM110 studio speakers) I tried to use my sons guitar amp and thought my module was defective. I could not believe that my kit could sound that bad despite what I read about the use of guitar amps. Once I bought my headphones I was amazed how good my Alesis sounded. So what you will need is a dedicated drum module or studio speakers that can handle the range of output that your kit will need. I would recommend anything with a subwoofer, that will deliver better bass drum sounds. BTW, welcome to the edrum world.