Author Topic: Cables  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Guinness

Cables
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »
Hola.

I have some credit at the local music shop in town and I need a few things.  The first thing is a cable to hook up the extra cymbal I ordered.   Any idea how long of a TRS cable I need?   

DM10 module on the left side of the rack, and the cymbal will be about where the floor tom is, plus the cymbal arm.  I know I could just measure the cable for the tom, but the kit won't be here until Thurs/Friday, and I thought I'd run to the store tomorrow.

As much as I've read the DM10 manual, I wasn't looking for cable lengths, so it may be in there, but I haven't seen it.

If you know, great.  If not, I'll just wait until I get the kit, and that'll be fine too.

Thanks.

Re: Cables
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:25 AM »
generally 6 to 8 foot would work bro
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:18 AM »
generally 6 to 8 foot would work bro
I would stay closer to the 8 foot end. It is better to be too long than too short.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
ok.  thanks.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »
just in case, make sure it's connectors are right angled on one end and straight on the other. 

monoprice would have been perfect but they only carry all straight connectors for trs cables.
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
Yeah these guys are on the right track.

I say 8-10' is safe.  The 10' cables are typically the ones I sell the most. They're actually what I run on my setup, and then use Pintech Cable Wraps to secure them to the rack. Works pretty well.
Bobby D.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
my set is the same size as a roland vd20 and the longest run i got is 7 foot but i bough the cable and ends from parts express and made my own custom cable snake but ever set is differnt

Offline ghostman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
my set is the same size as a roland vd20 and the longest run i got is 7 foot but i bough the cable and ends from parts express and made my own custom cable snake but ever set is differnt

My first kit I did the same thing, except I bought standard patch cables and just trimmed 'em down to length, and put the ends back on 'em.

I am considering changing out one side w/ a 90 degree angle plug, but haven't found any I like yet.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 06:14:16 AM »
try parts express neutrik or switch craft are the best they have 3 or 4 differnt angled jacks on there look to spend  2.50 to 5 bucks a pop but the cable is cheap and all in all you can build a studio quality cable cheaper than you can buy one

My first kit I did the same thing, except I bought standard patch cables and just trimmed 'em down to length, and put the ends back on 'em.

I am considering changing out one side w/ a 90 degree angle plug, but haven't found any I like yet.